Drepl[master] using lot of memory and swap space

Hi,

as the subject says the process drepl[master] is using half of the available memory. What is this process for and how do I troubleshoot this? We have one Primary Node, one Backup Node and 5 Replica Nodes in use. This problem occurs only on one of the Replica Nodes. The rest of the nodes seem to be fine.

Kind regards,
Christian

drepl is the interactive shell of the D programming language.
What you are seeing there is no Univention software. It was written by someone else.

Greetings
Daniel

Hi,

thanks for your answer. Do you mean this? GitHub - dlang-community/drepl: A REPL for D

I am sure that I have not installed this. What does this do exactly? On this server only AD compatible domain controller and dhcp service are installed. Nothing else.

Use ps aufx to get the process ID, executing user, and what started it.
Then look at /proc/PID/exe to find the executable.
dpkg -S PATH tells you the Debian package that installed the executable, if it was installed that way.

This is the ps aufx output:

root      1002  0.0  0.2 138788  4828 ?        S    Okt05   0:00  \_ samba: tfork waiter process(1010)
root      1010  1.6 48.2 1724076 976172 ?      S    Okt05  61:02  |   \_ samba: task[drepl] pre-fork master

It is linked to samba

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 0 Okt  7 16:21 /proc/1010/exe -> /usr/sbin/samba

Is it this issue (german only)? Ein Samba-Prozess wir im Arbeitsspeicher immer größer

It seems so. I have rejoined the server and since then there is no massive RAM consumption anymore.

Mastodon