I am recently trying to set up a UCS on AWS for some internal use. The Hong Kong region is preferred but unluckily the official image is not available there. Therefore, I tried to install from scratch by myself. The details are as follows:
- I created a VM with VirtualBox using the official bootable ISO image.
- I started the VM and installed UCS according to the instructions in 2. Creating a UCS appliance/cloud image — Univention Corporate Server - Extended installation documentation.
- I further configured the VM by running the commands in 2. Creating a UCS appliance/cloud image — Univention Corporate Server - Extended installation documentation.
- I exported the VM with the OVF2.0 format and then imported it into AWS as an AMI via the command
aws ec2 import-image.
- I launched an EC2 with the imported AMI.
Consequently, I obtained a running EC2 on AWS but I cannot SSH into it (error is connection timeout). As I tested that SSH is working with some other linux image for the same VPC setting, I believe the issue is caused by some misconfiguration in my VM, e.g., network adaptor, network interface name, etc.
Any help is greatly appreciated!