Cron <root@ldap> /usr/sbin/univention-ldap-backup

Hello,

After one of the recent releases I started receiving emails from cron regarding backup of LDAP.
These messages contain only one line:

find '/var/univention-backup' -type f -mtime '+30' -regex '/var/univention-backup/ldap-backup_.*\.\(log\|ldif\)\(\.gz\)?'

I reviewed the script “/usr/sbin/univention-ldap-backup” and there is the reference to shared library “/usr/share/univention-lib/backup.sh” that contains this line:

echo "find '$backup_dir' -type f -mtime '+$max_age' -regex '$pattern'"

I guess, the ‘echo’ command was missing in previous releases.

I have already adjusted the template ‘/etc/univention/templates/files/etc/cron.d/univention-ldap-server’ by adding redirection of output to ‘/dev/null’, but I believe, this is just a workaround instead of solution of the issue.

Can this be reverted or fixed somehow because right now this kind of messages annoy really well?

Thanks in advance.

I created a bugreport for this issue: https://forge.univention.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=48014

Fast response!

Thank you a lot!

Let me inform that i have a similar issue

Mail from cron with
Cron root@CCMDC01 [ -x /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean ] && /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean de Cron Daemon
/usr/lib/php5/sessionclean: 34: /usr/lib/php5/sessionclean: php5: not found

@codedmind

this is a leftover from ucs 4.2, which still used php5. Under ucs4.3 php7 is used, so the interpreter php5 is not found.
⇒ its save to just delete the cronjob.

@ThorstenS after do crontab -l i don’t have any job php related… where should i delete the php cronjob?

Thanks

Hey,

it’s a system cronjob, /etc/cron.d/php5-common or something like that.

m.

crontab -l just lists users crontab. I would run something like this: find /etc/cron* -name "*php*"

Mastodon