Create account link is difficult to find

Hi,

I’ve just spent few hours deploying UCS core in my homelab and ran into UI issue. Why is, create account buried and difficult to find. One issue I’ll face often is if I send a friend to http://ucs.idp.com, he’s going find it difficult to figure out how to create a account? My question is, can’t I customize the login page to include create account? I’ve look through the manual but I can’t seem to find anything on this besides custom.css?

@ucsuser Have you ever figured this out? Since this has gone unanswered, I assume there it isn’t possible then?

Didn’t realize this was me.

It’s ashamed that this quality of life improvement didn’t make in 5.0.0. I’ll open a feature request on their bugzilla. In the mean time, a workaround I found from one company was to set ucr variable apache/startsite to /univention/self-service/#page=profiledata. Which at least shows all the links that comes with self-service.

It’s ashamed that this quality of life improvement didn’t make in 5.0.0. I’ll open a feature request on their bugzilla. In the mean time, a workaround I found from one company was to set ucr variable apache/startsite to /univention/self-service/#page=profiledata . Which at least shows all the links that comes with self-service .

Another solution I found, a hacky one, was to create four ucr vairables:

umc/login/links/create_account/enabled: true
umc/login/links/create_account/href: /univention/self-service/#page=createaccount
umc/login/links/create_account/text: Create Account
umc/login/links/create_account/tooltip: Create an account with us

Then hack the following file:

--- /var/www/univention/js/umc/hooks/passwordreset.js.original  2021-10-24 05:49:20.948179589 -0400
+++ /var/www/univention/js/umc/hooks/passwordreset.js   2021-10-24 05:49:58.475220214 -0400
@@ -82,6 +82,12 @@
                });
        }

+       // add "Create Account" link to login page
+       dialog.addLinkFromUcr('create_account', {
+                text: _('Create Account'),
+                href: '/univention/self-service/#page=createaccount'
+        });
+
        // add "Forgot password?" link to login page
        dialog.addLinkFromUcr('forgot_your_password', {
                text: _('Forgot your password?'),

NOTE: Close attention must be adhered to when upgrading as the file is likely to be overwritten with your custom changes.

Mastodon