Collabora with NextCloud

Hello, everybody,

I am currently trying to get an overview of NextCloud in combination with Collabora.

I have set up a server VM (4.4-4 errata499 / Member) and installed NextCloud from the App-Center.

For the Collabora installation I now have two options:

a) Installation from the UCS App-Center
b) Installation from the NextCloud App Catalog

The version in the UCS App-Center is a full version that requires a license key or if I don’t have one I get a watermark on the documents, right? That means I can not use this version for free.

Is the version from the NextCloud App Catalog free and can I use it without restrictions?

I have looked around the web for instructions. Here it is said that a document server is still needed. What exactly do I still need here?

best regards
Sven

Hi pixel.

probably these are different “versions” of Collabora Online and CODE?

I gave lectures on this last year. For example at FrOSCon. I have summarized this:

Maybe this will help you understand the context.

The documents must be stored/managed somewhere. And not a classic file server, but something like EGroupware, Nextcloud, …
Of course you can integrate file servers there as well.
I also explained this in the lecture.

Greetings
Stefan
EGroupware Community Manager

Okay, I’ll look into it.

then NextCloud is the document server. I have set it up and already connected it to the file server via SMB.

@StefanU

I watched the lecture. It gave me a very good overview :slight_smile:

I will combine my NextCloud with CODE. As groupware I use Kopano and here the integration is planned but not yet implemented.

I have one more question. I have a separate VM for the cloud. It has NetxCloud installed from the app catalog. Does CODE integrate into NextCloud if I install it from the app catalog as well or is it independent of it?

Or do I have this integration only when I install it inside NextCloud as an app?

When I open NextCloud I find under Apps “only” Collabora Online and not CODE and if I understood it correctly “Collabora Online” is liable to pay costs.

You need both: The nextcloud collabora integration app and a collabora server.

So:
grafik

from the UCS app catalog. And:
grafik

in NextCloud -> App?

Korrekt. Nextcloud und Collobora müssen nicht auf dem gleichen Server installiert sein.

Das wäre bei mir aber auf ein und der selben VM. Das ist das was mich verwirrt. Wenn ich es richtig verstanden habe ist doch CODE aus dem App-Katalog von UCS und “Collabora Online” aus dem App-Katalag in NextCloud doch das selbe mit dem Unterschied das CODE die Developer Version ist. Oder habe ich das falsch verstanden?

Nochmal kurz zur Umgebung. Meine Dateien (Freigaben) liegen alle auf dem Master (srv01.intern.lan). Ich habe einen UCS-Member (cloud01.intern.lan) aufgesetzt und auf diesem NextCloud installiert. Hier in Nextcloud habe ich die Freigaben vom Master eingebunden um unter anderem die LibreOffice Dokumente die auf den Freigaben liegen per Browser zu bearbeiten.

Nun muss ich auf der VM (cloud01) wirklich beides installieren:

• CODE aus dem UCS-Katalog
  • “Collabora Online” in NextCloud selbst

?

Ja. In den App-Einstellungen mußt du die URL zu einem Collabora-Server eingeben. Probier es einfach aus. Eine Nextcloud-App ist notfalls schnell wieder deinstalliert …

ok, vielen Dank. Werde es testen

Mastodon