CI / SSO Logo / login_logo.svg

umc
logon
sso

Dear Community, dear univention team,

I’m now on 4.3, but still not found a configuration parameter to set the logo, which is displayed at the SSO page. Is such a feature implemented? How to reach it?

Thanks a lot,
Best,
meg

Hey,

which logo is used on the login page cannot be configured at the moment. I see three ways to circumvent this:

1. Edit the file that generates the HTML code, /usr/share/simplesamlphp/modules/univentiontheme/themes/univention/core/loginuserpass.php, and let it output a path to your own logo. Advantage: you can use any type of picture format for the logo. Disadvantage: whenever you update your system (rather: the package univention-web), your modifications will be overwritten and you have to re-apply them.
  2. Replace the file in the file system with your own logo: /usr/share/univention-web/js/dijit/themes/umc/images/login_logo.svg . Disadvantages: whenever you update your system (rather: the package univention-web), your modifications will be overwritten and you have to re-apply them, and your logo has to be in SVG format.
  3. Configure Apache to deliver another file on accesses to the URL. Advantage: rather safe wrt. system upgrades. Potential disadvantage: your own logo needs to be in SVG file in this case.

The third would be my choice. Here’s how that might look (untested):

1. Create the file /etc/apache2/conf-available/custom-logo.conf with the following content:
    Alias /univention/js/dijit/themes/umc/images/login_logo.svg /path/to/my/custom_logo.svg

2. Enable the configuration with: a2enconf custom-logo
  3. Reload Apache: systemctl reload apache2

Kind regads,
mosu