Cant login as Adminstrator

I have just installed UCS for testing and evaluation after evaluating two other possible solutions (Zentyal and ClearOS).
I cant login as Administrator despite knowing the password. i get this error message:
The default user to manage the domain is Administrator which has the same initial password as the root user account. The root user neither has access to the domain administration nor to the app center
Am frustrated and disappointed. Of all the evaluations, UCS has all the bells & whistles but this!! This problem was also mentioned in 2017. Its 2019 and i would expect that a solution was found already.

Also i noticed that when installing, some default applications fail to download or install. I sent a report to UCS and i would have expected at least an acknowledgement despite including my email.

Now, this all happend on HP server. I tried installing on my desktop just to see. Installation failed and now my HD is nolonger detected. In BIOS, it is shown to have 0 GB!!

Am at point of writing off univention. If any one knows a solution please post.

Is that when connecting via ssh? To ssh into the ucs host you first need to apply the license file.

No. Am logging in via the a browser. This is my first time trying to log in after inatllation.

Maybe you defined a different administrative username during installation? like “admin”? (that’s what I did).

Mastodon