Can't join as backup domain controller FAILED: 96univention-samba4.inst

Hello, can’t setup new backup AD controller. both has last

Can anyone help me to find problem?

some maybe important log parts:

Join against S4 Connector server: UCS01
ERROR: Invalid IP address 'UCS01.my_domainco.local'!
Samba currently not available on S4 Connector server UCS01.
Make sure the server is online or if this server is no longer in use,

S4 on DC is up, but shows some sync error in log.

Could not find machine account in secrets database: Failed to fetch machine account password for my_domainCO from both secrets.ldb (Could not find entry to match filter: '(&(flatname=my_domainCO)(objectclass=primaryDomain)
ERROR(runtime): uncaught exception - (9714, 'WERR_DNS_ERROR_NAME_DOES_NOT_EXIST')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line 185, in _run
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/domain.py", line 699, in run
    backend_store=backend_store)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/join.py", line 1535, in join_DC
    ctx.do_join()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/join.py", line 1436, in do_join
    ctx.join_add_dns_records()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/samba/join.py", line 1172, in join_add_dns_records
    None)

Here is join log with some lines i have deleted ( not informative)

http://sdf.li/fail.txt

When installing, do not install any additional apps.

Try again with installation of the system but do NOT install the AD-Server (Samba). Join. Then install Samba.

I guess you have not installed Samba on the master server…

/CV

Thank you for your answer.

Try again with installation of the system but do NOT install the AD-Server (Samba). Join. Then install Samba.

But i need second domain controller with ldap and samba. How second UCS will integrate samba with ldap ? is it possible in UCS to take role after installation without dancing with configs ?

I guess you have not installed Samba on the master server…

It’s not my installation, but master got takeover from Win SBS, and it has samba.
Also i checked master logs now, it has many problems , for example with kerberos .
( kinit for principal dns-ucsdc with keytab /var/lib/samba/private/dns.keytab failed.)

It seems i need to fix it first.
I will write later.

As written:
Install without any apps (no samba!)- you can install these apps after the installation and join have been successful. And do not mix up the UCS roles (backup, master, slave, member) with Samba roles. Both are not connected in any way!

And yes, fix your master server first before trying to join additional ones.

/CV

Mastodon