Cannot join UCS to domain after a fail takeover

Hi All,

I’m in a bad situation. Last week I joined an UCS to our domain as a domain controller. Everything is ok until I start taking over to be primary AD. The process got error and every clients cannot work well as it should be. Because lack of time, so we decided to restore the AD system to the state before migrating to UCS. The system restore either got error, the primary AD cannot start any AD service, so we have to turn on the backup AD, and this action help us to recover the AD system. But it causes an issue: the DNS system appear some record which make a new UCS (we reinstall a new one) cannot join to our domain because it detect that there is an UCS server running in domain system. Everytime I join to domain, it always connect via SSH protocol and of course unsuccessfully, I tried to delete some records related to the “old” UCS master in DNS but not helpful.

Please help me to solve this. I need to join the current UCS to our domain and start the takeover process again a.s.a.p.

Thank you

Below is log when join UCS to domain:

Sun Jul 12 05:47:31 ICT 2015: starting /usr/share/univention-join/univention-join -dcaccount my-admin-account -dcpwd /tmp/tmp.b6jQj4MUsU ssh: connect to host my-primary-AD-server port 22: Connection timed out Sun Jul 12 05:49:38 ICT 2015: finish /usr/share/univention-join/univention-join Sun Jul 12 06:02:16 ICT 2015: starting /usr/sbin/univention-join -dcname my-primary-AD-server -dcaccount my-admin-account -dcpwd /tmp/tmpwfmrst ssh: connect to host my-primary-AD-server port 22: Connection timed out Sun Jul 12 06:04:24 ICT 2015: finish /usr/sbin/univention-join Sun Jul 12 06:16:06 ICT 2015: starting /usr/sbin/univention-join -dcname my-primary-AD-server -dcaccount my-admin-account -dcpwd /tmp/tmpchV468 ssh: connect to host my-primary-AD-server port 22: Connection timed out Sun Jul 12 06:18:13 ICT 2015: finish /usr/sbin/univention-join Sun Jul 12 06:46:39 ICT 2015: starting /usr/sbin/univention-join -dcname my-primary-AD-server -dcaccount my-admin-account -dcpwd /tmp/tmpSzv0Rl ssh: connect to host my-primary-AD-server port 22: Connection timed out Sun Jul 12 06:48:46 ICT 2015: finish /usr/sbin/univention-join Sun Jul 12 10:22:31 ICT 2015: starting /usr/sbin/univention-join -dcname my-primary-AD-server -dcaccount my-admin-account -dcpwd /tmp/tmpkGHKE9 ssh: connect to host my-primary-AD-server port 22: Connection timed out Sun Jul 12 10:24:38 ICT 2015: finish /usr/sbin/univention-join Wed Jul 15 17:50:35 ICT 2015: starting /usr/sbin/univention-join -dcname my-primary-AD-server -dcaccount my-admin-account -dcpwd /tmp/tmpard5MB ssh: connect to host my-primary-AD-server port 22: Connection timed out

The program »univention-join« is used to join a UCS server into an existing UCS domain, not for joining a UCS server into a Windows domain. Are you sure you’ve selected the correct mode during installation (»join into an existing active directory domain«)?

I’m sure, the join domain process was chosen to join an existing AD, not UCS domain.

Now I will reinstall and take the screenshot for you.

After clean the DNS system, I can join UCS to the current Windows AD now.

Mastodon