Cannot install eGroupware on 5.0.4

Hi,
When trying to install eGroupware, I get this error:

ERROR: for egroupware-push Cannot create container for service push: b’failed to mount local volume: mount /var/lib/docker/volumes/egroupware_sources/_data/swoolepush:/var/lib/docker/volumes/egroupCreating egroupware-nginx … done

ERROR: for push Cannot create container for service push: b’failed to mount local volume: mount /var/lib/docker/volumes/egroupware_sources/_data/swoolepush:/var/lib/docker/volumes/egroupware_sources-push/_data, flags: 0x1000: no such file or directory’
Encountered errors while bringing up the project.
status=417
16080 utils 23-08-05 03:57:47 [ DEBUG]: tracking information: {‘action’: ‘install’, ‘status’: 417, ‘uuid’: ‘cd972732-582a-41d7-9dfd-02f78e7aa2c7’, ‘role’: ‘domaincontroller_master’, ‘app’: ‘egroupware’, ‘version’: ‘23.1.20230728’, ‘value’: ‘Creating network “egroupware_appcenter_net” with the default driver\nCreating volume “egroupware_sources” with default driver\nCreating volume “egroupware_data” with default driver\nCreating volume “egroupware_videos” with default driver\nCreating volume “egroupware_extra” with default driver\nCreating volume “egroupware_sources-push” with default driver\nCreating volume “egroupware_push-config” with default driver\nCreating volume “egroupware_sessions” with default driver\nCreating egroupware … \r\n\x1b[1A\x1b[2K\rCreating egroupware … \x1b[32mdone\x1b[0m\r\x1b[1BCreating egroupware-push … \r\nCreating egroupware-nginx … \r\n\x1b[2A\x1b[2K\rCreating egroupware-push … \x1b[31merror\x1b[0m\r\x1b[2B\nERROR: for egroupware-push Cannot create container for service push: b’failed to mount local volume: mount /var/lib/docker/volumes/egroupware_sources/_data/swoolepush:/var/lib/docker/volumes/egroupware_sources-push/_data, flags: 0x1000: no such file or directory’\n\x1b[1A\x1b[2K\rCreating egroupware-nginx … \x1b[32mdone\x1b[0m\r\x1b[1B\nERROR: for push Cannot create container for service push: b’failed to mount local volume: mount /var/lib/docker/volumes/egroupware_sources/_data/swoolepush:/var/lib/docker/volumes/egroupware_sources-push/_data, flags: 0x1000: no such file or directory’\nEncountered errors while bringing up the project.\n’, ‘system-uuid’: ‘12d8910c-6b7c-48ee-b2fb-1a0c437d9ec8’}

Any ideas about how to solve this issue?
Thanks, and best regards,

HeCSa.

Hi Hernan.

Installation works for me on a fresh UCS 5.0.4 Errata 771 with EGroupware 23.1.20230728.

Is this a fresh installation?
Role of the UCS?
Hard disk space enough?
What address range on the host network are you using?

Stefan

Hi,
It’s not a fresh install, it was upgraded from 4.4 following a monthly update routine.
But strangely, the second time I tried to install it, it just worked, and now I do have a fully functional eGroupware.
This UCS box is a standalone one, acting as a domain controller, and having Jitsi, Nextcloud, and now eGroupware installed.
Thanks for your reply, I wanted to let this strange but effective behavior documented here, just in case somebody tries to install it, and received the same results. Well, the same the first installation attempe :wink:
Best regards, and thanks again,

HeCSa.

Hi Hernan.

OK. Then I guess we won’t find out what happened. But it’s good that it works now.

For questions/problems about EGroupware itself, we have a community forum:

There you will also find some instructions etc.:

If you register, you will also receive announcements directly by e-mail (deactivable!).

Technical things about installation and configuration can be found on GitHub-Wiki:

However, this is barely relevant for you on a UCS at first.

I give talks on EGroupware at German events in German (…). However, I usually translate the slides into English as well. Just have a look:

And a little to read:

And please:
eGroupware => EGroupware :slight_smile:

Stefan
EGroupware Community Manager

Mastodon