Can not get UCS to connect to AD

At work, we are attempting to get UCS to sync to our domain (and later a subdomain) to allow us better login capabilities and to set up a linux lab.
I was unable to setup AD on initial connection, so I have been forced to setup after initial configuration.

I cant post the log because it believes I am attempting to post links

Hi,

if you configure it the way as our documentation tells you, do you get any errors?
You can cut&paste and use the formatting icons in the editor.

/CV

It states that it just can not find the domain controller.
The DCs and the DNS servers are separate, but I still tried both as options in the nameserver options and I had no luck either way.

As well, this states that it would give me the option to specify the domain during setup if the DNS is not the domain. It did not do that at all.

Can anyone help me? I am close to giving up on this.

Hallo , ich habe immer die selbe Fehlermeldung beim einbinden von UCS 4.4 in eine bestehende Windows Domain über den Activ directory Verbindung. Der Fehler lautet: ES KONNTE KEIN KONTO ADMINISTRATOR ANGELEGT WERDEN!
Laut Protokoll ist dieser Fehler im letzten Schritt des Join Vorganges aufgetreten. Daher meine Fragen:

1. Warum kann man das Administrationskonto bei UCS nicht umbenennen? Das Admin Konto ist in der Windows Domain aus Sicherheitgründen deaktiviert und durch mehrere andere Konten abgestuft ersetzt. Wegen des Fehler meldet er sich zwar an ,aber über nimmt nicht alle Informationen.
  2. Besteht die Möglichkeit, für die Linux zur Administration einen eigenen Adminaccount zu erzeugen?
  3. Warum meldet sich der UCS Server als Client und nicht als Server bei der Windows 2016 Domaine an, um beim Join gleich richtig eingeordnet zu werden?

Danke für ihre Hilfe und bleiben Sie gesund.

Mastodon