Broken MariaDB after raidcontroller crash

I have been trying to recover my data for kopano and other apps, but walked against some issues.

First things first i was trying to get mariadb to work again, but even though this is my first step i can’t get any further.

Status: "InnoDB: Fatal: Ending processing because of a corrupt database page."

this is the error i’m getting

mysqlcheck: Got error: 2002: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2 "No such file or directory") when trying to connect

mysqlcheck states the above, and then i went ahead and tried to configure with dpkg

~# dpkg --configure mariadb-server-10.1
Setting up mariadb-server-10.1 (10.1.41-0+deb9u1) ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/mariadb-server-10.1.postinst: line 18: 23500 Done                    echo "$password_column_fix_query"
     23501 Aborted                 | $MYSQL_BOOTSTRAP 2>&1
     23502                       | $ERR_LOGGER
dpkg: error processing package mariadb-server-10.1 (--configure):
 subprocess installed post-installation script returned error exit status 134
Errors were encountered while processing:
 mariadb-server-10.1

which returned the following. I have no clue where to start, i have many errors in the system and hoped there was a function to recheck the installation. I really don’t wanna loose my emails and i hope i can recover them.

Hope i can find any help here. Thanks in advance

Try the steps noted here.

But, to be honest: I doubt you will succeed. Start restoring your backup!

/CV

Thanks for the positive vibes, i got it working like 8 hours ago :slight_smile: you can close this. ez fix

For the record: the problem here isn’t Univention, it’s MySQL’s/MariaDB’s incredible brittleness. Whenever there’s a problem in one of the InnoDB files, all you as an admin can do is gradually increase the innodb_recovery option and praying that the database server does actually come up with a low enough setting that you can subsequently recover data by running mysqldump.

Over the past decades I’ve had MySQL/MariaDB crash that way countless times, e.g. due to power outages, hard drive failures or plain old bugs. I can count the number of times I’ve been able to recover all (or even most) data with innodb_recovery on one hand.

All other cases ended with having to restore a backup.

Yeah, both products are that shitty.

1 Like
Mastodon