After reinstalling 5.0.4, the UCS has no access to the Internet or network

After reinstalling 5.0.4, the UCS has no access to the Internet or network. No ping available.
Since I don’t have a network, I can’t access the UMC and make any further settings.

I am a beginner.

What’s going wrong?

Hi,
we can only help if you give us some more details. How it is deployed (proxmox or standalone), what’s the network configuration (network switch, home router/hub) have you got access to a screen or is this headless.

It would be good to know if this is a system restore or reinstall after failed configuration.

Hallo, Unser Netzwerk besteht aus zwei Domänen, jede mit einem UCS. Die Schnittstelle ist der Router, und alles geht über ihn ins Internet. Beide Server sind älter und liefen bis vor kurzem auf Version 4.4-9, aber da Updates nicht mehr möglich waren, war es jetzt an der Zeit, einen der Server mit 5.0.4 neu zu installieren. Ich habe die Installationsanweisungen genau befolgt. Der IP-Bereich in der neu installierten Umgebung geht von 192.168.0.1 (das sollte auch die Server-IP sein, zumindest war es vorher)/ -der andere ist der Server 192.168.1.1, der Router hat 192.168.1250. Egal, welche IP ich verwende, es kann nicht auf das Internet zugreifen. Es hat einen Monitor und eine Tastatur, ich kann direkt darauf zugreifen, aber nicht auf die UMC. Nichts wurde vom vorherigen Administrator dokumentiert. LG Danke

Hi Anja,

My German isn’t good enough, so the answer will have to be in English :slight_smile:

I’m assuming, as you haven’t specified, that on both networks you are using standard /24 mask (255.255.255.0)
In this scenario, the 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1 sit completely separate and it would be down to the router to manage the traffic. Are there any ports that are designated for the x.0.1 or x.1.1 networks (that’s something you will need to check in the router configuration)?
What I mean by separate networks, is that 192.168.0.1 (/24 255.255.255.0) will not normally know where to go for 192.168.1.250 and so your internet won’t work.

It will be very difficult for anyone on this forum to help with your network configuration. I hope you haven’t completely deleted the working configuration of the UCS 4.4-9 as you really should get to know your environment first. Get networks and IPs, look where everything was connected, and check how’s your router set up.

Not sure how have you installed the new UCS, but you might want to look at “Install with manual network configuration” this allows setting the network up before the system installs.

Mastodon