After Nextcloud Update to 20.0.8.1 config dialog appears

Hi,

after upgrading from Nextcloud 20.0.? to 20.0.8.1, Nextcloud went into an “unconfigured” status and prompts me to enter config information like about my database if I open the web interface.

The “occ” tool also says Nextcloud is unconfigured:

# univention-app shell nextcloud sudo -u www-data /var/www/html/occ status
Nextcloud is not installed - only a limited number of commands are available
  - installed: false
  - version: 20.0.8.1
  - versionstring: 20.0.8
  - edition:

I’ve been using this installation for years and did several updates. How can I reconnect Nextcloud to the existing database & data?

Thanks!
Tani

findings so far:

• the nextcloud docker container mounts the data and config directories “/var/lib/univention-appcenter/apps/nextcloud/…” but these are not used by Nextcloud
  • in /var/www/html default “data” and “config” directories with empty structures and examples existed, I moved them away and replaced them by symbolic links to “/var/lib/univention-appcenter/apps/nextcloud/config” and “/var/lib/univention-appcenter/apps/nextcloud/data/nextcloud-data”
  • I had to restore the config.php from my last backup
  • I had to run the Nextcloud upgrade procedure by calling “univention-app shell nextcloud sudo -u www-data /var/www/html/occ upgrade”

Looks like Nextcloud now is working fine. Will this survive the next upgrade?

Hi I can’t find a 20.0.8.1 version on UCS - did you upgrade the nextloud app through the nextcloud internal upgrade mechanism ? - If so you never ever should do this. - only way should go through UCS Software Upgrade mechanism

rg
Christian

The version numbers are confusing…

I did the update using the Univention App Center UMC module. Versions now are:

• univention-app info: nextcloud=20.0.8-0
  • # univention-app shell nextcloud sudo -u www-data /var/www/html/occ status
    • installed: true
    • version: 20.0.8.1
    • versionstring: 20.0.8
    • edition:

Same output here, but here it is working fine.

Mastodon