4.4-8 eratta 1250 won't update to 4.4-9 or 5

I’ve been on hold for upgrading until the Kopano situation was resolved. Now that it has I’ve updated all packages, and all of the Apps. Everything looks ready to go and even the pre-update-check-5.0-0 scripts run successfully. However if I select UCS 5.0-2 for upgrade it still only tries to install 4.4-9. And selecting either one fails. The log is quite large but the last lines give the only clue as to why it won’t work.

Error: Failed to execute “apt-get update”
exitcode of univention-updater: 1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Allen

Here’s the log from the latest attempt.

Starting univention-upgrade. Current UCS version is 4.4-8 errata1250

Checking for local repository:                          none
Checking for package updates:                           none
Checking for app updates:                               none
Checking for release updates:                           Traceback in univention-upgrade:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/univention-upgrade", line 445, in do_update
    update_available = performUpdate(options, checkForUpdates=options.check, silent=False)
  File "/usr/sbin/univention-upgrade", line 141, in performUpdate
    if func(options, checkForUpdates, silent):
  File "/usr/sbin/univention-upgrade", line 153, in do_release_update
    version_next = updater.release_update_available()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/univention/updater/tools.py", line 1137, in release_update_available
    return self.get_next_version(UCS_Version(ucs_version), components, errorsto)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/univention/updater/tools.py", line 1072, in get_next_version
    if not self.get_component_repositories(component, [mm_version], clean=False, debug=debug):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/univention/updater/tools.py", line 1852, in get_component_repositories
    for server, ver in self._iterate_component_repositories([component], version, version, self.architectures, for_mirror_list=for_mirror_list):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/univention/updater/tools.py", line 1605, in _iterate_component_repositories
    for ver in self._iterate_versions(struct, version, version, parts, ['all'] + subarchs, server):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/univention/updater/tools.py", line 1517, in _iterate_versions
    assert server.access(ver)  # patchlevel
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/univention/updater/tools.py", line 705, in access
    res = UCSHttpServer.opener.open(req, timeout=self.timeout)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 429, in open
    response = self._open(req, data)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 447, in _open
    '_open', req)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 407, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1241, in https_open
    context=self._context)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 1201, in do_open
    r = h.getresponse(buffering=True)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 1137, in getresponse
    response.begin()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 448, in begin
    version, status, reason = self._read_status()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/httplib.py", line 412, in _read_status
    raise BadStatusLine(line)
BadStatusLine: ''

Starting univention-upgrade. Current UCS version is 4.4-8 errata1250

Checking for package updates:                           none
Checking for app updates:                               none
Checking for release updates:                           found: UCS 4.4-9
Please rerun command without --check argument to install.

I did end up solving this. Looking at the failure log, I noticed that Z Push for Kopano was causing an error. Since that can be removed without impact to any of the emails etc, I uninstalled it then ran the update. It finally worked… Once upgraded I reinstalled Z Push. I did wind up with another issue where Kopano would not send or receive emails although I did not change any of my configuration… I watched the mail log with “tail -f /var/log/mail.log” It turns out that Postfix was crashing and it was this issue "The Variable mail/postfix/ldap/timeout has the value mail_postfix_ldap_timeout" which was solved by going to the UCR, searching for mail_postfix and editing the text variable to 15. This is the post that helped me solve it. Problem: Postfix not starting after upgrade from UCS4 to UCS 5

Mastodon