here a short summary:
- Version of all mentioned UCS-Server here ist UCS 4.4 errata 175
- one AD DC on Samba4 (primary)
- one AD DC Samba4 as backup domain controller (backup)
- one ucs fileserver for windows profiles
- Windows OS: Windows10 (client)
All is working fine. But when i shutdown the primary domain Controller. You cannot login at the domain with a user, that was not still logged in before. And when I am right samba 4 ad is a multimaster system and must work without promote the backup controller
Samba domain replication is working without failures.
with ldapsearch command on the backup domain controller (primary domain controller is down) i could successfull search after users in ldap and samba.
DNS is also working fine from windows10 client.
I also run the script:
all ist okay for every section I see two entrys.
At the windows 10 login. You can successful auth you see the name of the user.
But the login waits at the point “wait for user profile service”
If the primary ucs up again, you can login.
Has anyone an idea?