Upgrade of Kopano Version 8.6.8.2 can be updated to 8.7.1.0 fails

The currently installed release version is 4.4-0 errata78.
There are App Center updates available.

• [Kopano Core]: Version 8.6.8.2 can be updated to 8.7.1.0
  • [Kopano WebApp]: Version 3.5.2.2146 can be updated to 3.5.5.2276
  • [Z-Push for Kopano]: Version 2.4.4 can be updated to 2.4.5

When I try to upgrade the Kopano Core, the screen runs with Kopano Core: performing software tests on involved systems" and then eventually times out with an “Internal System Error” and fails.

I did not try to upgrade the WebApp or Z-Push. I wanted to do the Core first.

Thoughts?

Can you post the relevant section form the appcenter.log? Based on the current information it sounds like there is a high chance of the upgrade succeeding if you just start it again.

I reran the upgrade attempt again now. It failed as before. The associated appcenter.log entries are:

block.log (127.0 KB)

FYI: all of the above upgrading attempts were done through the App Center Portal. As an alternative, I logged in via SSH as root and ran ‘univention-upgrade’

The system properly identified kopano-core, kopano-webapp, and z-push as all having an upgrade available. I choice to run the upgrades.

It worked. :smiley:

Now, to continue testing…

Yes, was thinking that already. From the logging I could spot no errors in the provided logging while skipping through it.

Could it be that you system is quite busy and therefore the update check does run into the timeout you mentioned?

I am not comfortable thinking the system timed out due to being too busy. It is a vmware 6.5 guest on an enterprise host with 6gb ram, 2x cpu, etc. With only a couple of low impact users. The average utilization is <5%.

DNS seems to resolve properly. All other systems seem to run ok. So… more research and testing!

Thank you for your help and patience!

Mastodon