Upgrade 5.0 fails due to office365 remnants

Hi there! I’m excited about the UCS-5.0 availability. Unfortunately, my update attempts from v.4.8 stop at what I understand is what’s left from installing and later removing the office365 connector:

Checking minimum_ucs_version_of_all_systems_in_domain … FAIL

minimum_ucs_version_of_all_systems_in_domain:
The following extensions are incompatible with UCS 5.0:
cn=office365,cn=udm_syntax,cn=univention,dc=corp,dc=xxxxxx,dc=com: [unspecified…unspecified)
cn=office365/profile,cn=udm_module,cn=univention,dc=corp,dc=xxxxxx,dc=com: [unspecified…unspecified)
cn=office365/ad-connection,cn=udm_module,cn=univention,dc=corp,dc=xxxxxx,dc=com: [unspecified…unspecified)

I tried to purge few packages, but it did not help and reports the same issue.

apt purge univention-office365 univention-management-console-module-office365

If I can successfully hunt down anything manually, I’ll report here.

Thanks!

No luck so far… Reinstalled the MS 365 connector and re-uninstalled it to see what else was listed among involved packages to make sure to purge them all by hand thereafter. Looked around more, restarted the server a few times… Clean installation works. Upgrade is not cooperating. If anyone knows what I’m missing, I’m all ears.

Cheers!

OK. I managed to clean up the pesky office365 remnants and upgrade four of mine UCS virtual servers. The following command helped identify the associated files.

univention-ldapsearch | grep office365

office365/profile, udm_module, univention
dn: cn=office365/profile,cn=udm_module,cn=univention,dc=corp,dc=xxxxxx,dc=com
cn: office365/profile
univentionUDMModuleFilename: office365/profile.py
univentionOwnedByPackage: univention-office365

office365/ad-connection, udm_module, univention
dn: cn=office365/ad-connection,cn=udm_module,cn=univention,dc=corp,dc=xxxxxx,dc=com
cn: office365/ad-connection
univentionUDMModuleFilename: office365/ad-connection.py
univentionOwnedByPackage: univention-office365

office365, udm_syntax, univention
dn: cn=office365,cn=udm_syntax,cn=univention,dc=corp,dc=xxxxxx,dc=com
univentionUDMSyntaxFilename: office365.py
cn: office365
univentionOwnedByPackage: univention-office365

These files ended up among python2.7 dist-packages.

updatedb && locate office365

/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/univention/admin/handlers/office365/ad-connection.py
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/univention/admin/handlers/office365/profile.py
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/univention/admin/syntax.d/office365.py

Moving these files out of there alone did not resolve the issue. LDAP had to be modified as well.

ldapdelete -x -D “cn=admin,$(ucr get ldap/base)” -y /etc/ldap.secret “cn=office365,cn=udm_syntax,cn=univention,dc=corp,dc=xxxxxx,dc=com”

ldapdelete -x -D “cn=admin,$(ucr get ldap/base)” -y /etc/ldap.secret “cn=office365/profile,cn=udm_module,cn=univention,dc=corp,dc=xxxxxx,dc=com”

ldapdelete -x -D “cn=admin,$(ucr get ldap/base)” -y /etc/ldap.secret “cn=office365/ad-connection,cn=udm_module,cn=univention,dc=corp,dc=xxxxxx,dc=com”

Do not forget to backup/image your servers prior to messing with them!

Good luck!