Update to 4.4-9 fails

My UCS 4.4-8 errata1227 with Kopano etc fails to update to the new version.

The last lines in updater.log with warnings:

W: Target Packages (Packages) is configured multiple times in / /apt/sources.list.d/00_ucs_temporary_installation.list:6 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/20_ucs-online-component.list:16
W: Target Packages (Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/00_ucs_temporary_installation.list:7 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/20_ucs-online-component.list:17
W: Target Packages (Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/00_ucs_temporary_installation.list:8 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/20_ucs-online-component.list:18
W: Target Packages (Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/00_ucs_temporary_installation.list:9 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/20_ucs-online-component.list:19
W: Target Packages (Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/00_ucs_temporary_installation.list:10 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/20_ucs-online-component.list:20
W: Target Packages (Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/00_ucs_temporary_installation.list:11 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/20_ucs-online-component.list:21
Error: Failed to execute "apt-get update"

Are these warnings or kopano the problem? Does anyone have an idea and can help me?

Heiko

1 Like

Hello Heiko,

I have a UCS Master with Kopano Core, Webapp & Z-Push installed (Itā€™s a VM running under ProxmoxVE 7).

I just ran the upgrade from UCS 4.4-8 Err1227 to 4.4-9 Err 1227 which completed without failure. I do see the ā€œW: Target Packagesā€ entries you posted in my updater.log file, however they do not appear to have caused any kind of failure in the update process. I did not get the ā€œError: Failed to execute ā€œapt-get updateā€ā€. I do however also see the below in my /var/log/univention/updater.log:-

Starting univention-upgrade. Current UCS version is 4.4-9 errata1227

2022-04-23 11:39:37,348 CRITICAL:updater.Updater:Failed server detection: Configuration error: host is unresolvable
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/univention/updater/tools.py", line 986, in ucr_reinit
    assert self.server.access(None, '')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/univention/updater/tools.py", line 771, in access
    raise ConfigurationError(uri, reason)
ConfigurationError: Configuration error: host is unresolvable

Despite this my UCS/Kopano instance appears to be functioning normally & Iā€™m guessing it may just have been as a result of temporary DNS failure or similar.

The update did take quite a long time to complete (probably somewhere around 10-15 minutes). Did you let it run to completion & not interrupt it in any way? Maybe a reboot & attempt the upgrade again is worth a try. I tend to do these upgrades at the command console using the ā€œunivention-upgradeā€ command as I feel it gives better feedback than doing the upgrade via the WebGUI.

1 Like

Moin Heiko,
the multiple configuration seems to be warnings (W:) only. In my case there was an error line (E:) above the warning: " The repository ā€˜h ttps://download.kopano.io/zhub/z-push:/final/Univention_4.3 InReleaseā€™ is not signed."

I first disabled all repositories in the app settings for the Kopano apps (in my case Core, WebApp and Z-Push).
After that the update to UCS 4.4.9. was successful. Then I enabled all repositories again.

Searching for the root cause of the error I found the solution here: The repository 'https://download.kopano.io/zhub/z-push:/final/Univention_4.3 InRelease' is not signed. | Kopano Community Forum. After updating the release.key the update of the Kopano apps were also successful (via sudo apt update --allow-insecure-repositories --allow-unauthenticated && sudo apt dist-upgrade).

Hope it works for you as well :slight_smile:

Roland

Many thanks for both of you.

Roland, you gave the crucial tip. Now the update worked. But your last sentence i donā€˜t understand. Do you have updated the Kopano apps to a newer version than 8.7.1?

1 Like

Heiko & Roland,

Just by way of confirmation, my installation does NOT use any additional repoā€™s for Kopano apps. Iā€™ve left it set at the default Univention repoā€™s & hence the lack of a problem in my case I suppose. Glad you got it sorted out.

1 Like

I am using the following versions with a Kopano paid subscription:

WebApp 5.3.0.0-1+172.1
Core 8.7.25
Z-Push 2.4.6+0-0

Roland

Mastodon