Univention blog issue with Firefox

Univention blog does not display properly in Firefox but Ok in Chrome & Edge.

Tested with the following versions:
Mozilla Firefox v.78.0.2 (64-bit)
Google Chrome 84.0.4147.89 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Microsoft Edge 84.0.522.40 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I use the same Firefox version and cannot find any issue. In German as well as in English.

EFF’s Privacy Badger extension detected two Univention sites as potential trackers and blocked 3 CSS and 3 JavaScript files as shown below:

UCS-privacy-concerns

I can see that one of the blocked sites (https://www.piwik.univention.de/) is an analytics platform for Univention. Could you honor the slogan on that page ( be open ) and let me know what kind of data is Univention trying to collect from my connection?

The issue was related to the EFF’s Privacy Badger extension not to Firefox.

As a workaround, I disabled the extension for the www.univention.com domain but the Univention team should check why their product is not compliant with the Do Not Track signal

Dear ereyesch,

Thank you for your feedback. I fully understand that the faulty display of the menu and the conflict with the plugin causes displeasure.
We analyzed the error and found that the display error is caused by a malfunction of the Firefox plugin Privacy Badger. The plugin blocks stylesheets/scripts of our menu plugin for no reason.
It would be a great help, if you report the malfunction to Privacy Badger.

Another topic is the website analysis with Matomo (formerly Piwik). In our privacy policy we point out what data we collect with the permission of the website users and how users can revoke the consent (https://www.univention.com/privacy-statement/).
Of course, we do not want to be a data leech. But we do want to understand how our website is used and how we can improve it for our users.

Please contact us, if you notice anything else. Although sometimes it takes a while before we are able to look at but feedback and hints are a great opportunity to us to recognize mistakes and improvement options.

I wish you a great day.

Best regards
Irina – from the Univention Marketing Team

Thanks to Univention team for paying attention to this minor issue.

As per your suggestion, I will contact EFF.

Best regards,
Eduardo (a satisfied UCS user)

1 Like
Mastodon