UCS 4.4-1 errata273 update very slow

IT appears that the latest UCS update 4.4-1 eratta273 is very slow.

Running a tail I see the following:

tail -f /var/log/univention/updater.log
Processing triggers for libc-bin (2.24-11+deb9u4) …

The update has been finished successfully at Sat Sep 14 19:49:06 EDT 2019.

Starting univention-upgrade. Current UCS version is 4.4-1 errata273

Checking for package updates: none
Checking for app updates:
Starting univention-upgrade. Current UCS version is 4.4-1 errata273

This has been sitting for over an hour. Has the upgrade progress failed or do I just need to wait?

It would also be nice to allow the updates to be closed to watch the upgrade in progress. Along with providing some sort of status bar.

Try to check with ps if there is a ‘zsync’ process haning. (ps aux | grep zsync)

I’ve seen this on several setups where after updating packages and attempting to update the apps index zsync processes get stuck and never end. The updater does that for every minor version of UCS, that is 4.1 until 4.4 as of writing. One example being:

zsync http://appcenter.software-univention.de/meta-inf/4.1/all.tar.zsync -q -o /var/cache/univention-appcenter/appcenter.software-univention.de/4.1/.all.tar

Honestly I haven’t found a better way than to ‘pkill -9 zsync’ for every stuck process. I’ve then deleted the target file the zsync command attempted to download (i.e. /var/cache/univention-appcenter/appcenter.software-univention.de/4.1/.all.tar) and then re-executed the download without “-q” to see if it succeeds later on.

Once you kill the individual zsync process the appcenter update proceeds and may get stuck on the next zsync.

You can also check /var/log/univention/appcenter.log

Mastodon