We are pleased to announce the availability of the second milestone of Univention Corporate Client (UCC) 1.0. It offers the login to UCC, Citrix and Microsoft terminal servers. In addition to the image for thin clients, an image for desktops (i386) is provided, as well.
The milestone is not designated for production use and focuses on tests of the terminal functionality.
The following elements of the planned feature set of UCC 1.0 have been added with this milestone:
- Prefabricated image for desktops
- Support for login to Citrix terminal servers
- Support for login to Microsoft terminal servers
- Support for login to the Linux terminal server included with UCC
- Mount USB mass storage locally attached to the thin client and configuration through a policy
- User-oriented settings for the UCC terminal server
- Tool to download UCC images
This milestone of UCC
1.0 requires UCS
3.1. A preview can easily be installed through Univention App Center. Installation and configuration of UCS
3.1, as well as, the setup of this UCC
milestone are described in the Univention-Wiki
Questions can be asked in the Univention Forum in the section UCC. Further information about development of UCC 1.0, schedule and feature set can be found in the wiki article mentioned above.