Step by step to install Exchange 2013 or 2016 when i have AD and DC on UCS

Hallo,

I have this scenario, i was create a new domain and domain controller and dns server in UTS, after that at another machine i installed windows server 2012 R2 then i joined it to my domain. and for now every thing is OK. i can mange UTS domain from server manager in windows server.

the next step install Exchange 2013 or 2016.

but when i am trying to make " prepare Schema , prepare Domain, prepare Active Directory" i cannot do that. and i have the below error:

" Prerequisite Analysis FAILED
The Active Directory schema isn’t up-to-date, and this user account isn’t a
member of the ‘Schema Admins’ and/or ‘Enterprise Admins’ groups.

Setup encountered a problem while validating the state of Active Directory:
	No suitable domain controller was found in domain 'testdomain.local'. Errors:

The operating system version of the domain controller ‘dc1.testdomain.local’ is 4.2-1 . The minimum version required is 5.2 (3790) Service Pack 1. See the Exchange setup log for more information on this error.

The forest functional level of the current Active Directory forest is not Windows Server 2003 native or later. To install Exchange Server 2013, the forest functional level must be at least Windows Server 2003 native.

Either Active Directory doesn't exist, or it can't be contacted.

The Exchange Server setup operation didn’t complete. More details can be found
in ExchangeSetup.log located in the :\ExchangeSetupLogs folder "

end error message.

Note: Administrator user is member of Schema Admin Group and Enterprise Admin Group. And my forest functional level of the current Active Directory forest is windows 2012 r2 !!

some people said i should install Active Directory Connection., but this tools if my domain not in ucs, however i tested it but AD corrupted and i can not again login from windows server to domain.

Anyone have suggestion for me !!

Thanks
Fears

Hi,

Exchange on Samba AD is not supported that time see:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba/Status

rg
Christian

Hi,
Even if it is an old topic. Is there any update on that topic? The samba site says 2012 as last update.

Is there a way to use exchange 2016 within an ucs ad?

It’s rather old but more detailed: Exchange neu Anbinden
One of the main problems mentioned was the bad performance because the LDAP control LDAP_SERVER_NOTIFICATION_OID was missing. This was added by the Samba Team with the release of Samba 4.5.0 in 2016 (https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Features_added/changed#Support_for_LDAP_SERVER_NOTIFICATION_OID)

Another option would be a MS DC connected with the Active Directory Connector to the UCS

If you dive deeper into this topic it would be interesting to read your experiences!

Cheers

Thank you very much. I found another solution without as local AD Exchange extension and will have a deeper look at that: https://www.msxfaq.de/cloud/identity/adsync_mit_exchange_online_only.htm

Currently i am building a test environment for that

Mastodon