Problem: Join Fails with "Permission denied"

Problem

The join of an additional server fails witherror messages similar to (in file /var/log/univention/management-console-module-join.log):

25.06.20 10:28:39.744  MODULE      ( PROCESS ) : **************************************************************************
25.06.20 10:28:39.744  MODULE      ( PROCESS ) : * Running join scripts failed!                                           *
25.06.20 10:28:39.744  MODULE      ( PROCESS ) : **************************************************************************
25.06.20 10:28:39.744  MODULE      ( PROCESS ) : * Message:  binddn for user Administrator not found
25.06.20 10:28:39.744  MODULE      ( WARN    ) : Der Join-Vorgang konnte nicht durchgeführt werden:<br/><br/><i>binddn for user Administrator not found</i><br/><br/> Weitere
Informationen können in der Logdatei <i>/var/log/univention/join.log</i> gefunden werden.<br/>Bitte den Join-Vorgang nach Lösen aller Konflikte erneut durchführen.
25.06.20 10:28:39.745  MODULE      ( WARN    ) : stderr: Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,keyboard-interactive).
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,keyboard-interactive).
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,keyboard-interactive).

25.06.20 10:28:39.745  MODULE      ( WARN    ) : Could not perform system join: Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,keyboard-interactive).
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic,keyboard-interactive)."

Solution

Make sure you are using the “Administrator” account for the join. Other account may not work (even if they are in the Domain Administrators group).

Additionally make sure you can log on to the UMC with the Administrator account and it’s password has not expired.

Mastodon