Package Installation and Join

I’m trying to join a UCS-Domain (Master and Backup DC both 4.4-7) in slave mode (Template vmware 4.4-7). Beside self-service, I select the packages KDE and Active Directory / SMB4 to install within the join process. If I keep KDE and AD/SMB4 I’ll get the following error:

UCS setup - An error occured
Configuring software components: further information regarding this problem
Configuring software components: Error: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
Configuring software componens: univentin-kde: Failed to install
Domain setup (this might take a while): Please visit https://help.univention.com/t/8842 for common problems during the join and how to fix them – FAILED: 96univention-samab4.inst
Configure 96univention-samba4.inst Datum Uhrzeit

If I join without KDE and AD/SMB4 I can successfully join the domain. I cannot fix this error, is there a way to fix this and join with installing the pkgs?

I try to do a workaround now: is there a way to install these missing packages afterwards via CLI/SSH?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

This would have been my suggestion:
Install these afterwards (and in my personal opinion: do not install KDE as there is no need for- UCS is fully administrateable through remote browser).

Once joined, login to your master and go to the AppCenter, install the Samba app on your new server. Done!

/CV

thanks, I joined with the minimum possiblities and added things afterwards including KDE. there was a problem with starting KDE installed over the commandline if you are on a esx-vm, you must not use de UCR display-key set to automatic.

I have to use the GUI since things I need are not available for cli-only. I’m not using the GUI to manage :wink:

Mastodon