OX Forward "empty" Mails with attachment failure

ox_app_suite
open-xchange

Hello,
since the last update of the ox-app-suite attachments wont get forwarded if the original mail has no text in it.

root@mail:~# univention-app info
UCS: 4.4-1 errata196
Installed: mailserver=12.0 open-xchange-text=7.10.2-ucs1 oxseforucs=7.10.2-ucs1 prometheus-node-exporter=1.1
Upgradable:

Is there a way to configure that?

greets
Matthias

Hello Matthias,

I cannot reproduce this.
I sent myself an email with no text but two attachments.
Then I opened the mail OX and it showed me the two attachments and

Diese E-Mail hat keinen Inhalt

When I clicked on “forward” it created an email with the two attachments and the body even contained

> 
>  
>

Which is weird, because the original message was empty.
Anyway the forwarded message contained the two attachments.

Please check the mail program used to send the original email. I suspect it has a bad MIME handling. Try to send yourself an email with a different mail program, and check if the problem can be reproduced.

Greetings
Daniel

Hello Daniel,
thank you for investigating.

The original mail “program” was SAP NetWeaver 740. These Mails are always disgusting, there is no Signature in it and only a PDF as attachment. Cause of its confidential content i can not post the source of the Email here. Contacting the customers Admin makes me feel like Don Quijote :frowning:

Greetings
Matthias

Please verify that the problem exists with a different mail client.

Greetings
Daniel

I am not sure how to verify exactly.
I installed Outlook and connected that Account via Imap. With that configuration i can forward these E-Mails with Attachment.

I found one Message with not so confidential Content, maybe i can send it to you via pm? You could drag and drop it into your ox and try to forward it.

Greetings
Matthias

I have tried a few other mail clients and I cannot reproduce the problem.
Please contact the support of SAP NetWeaver 740 and ask them to fix their mail client.

Greetings
Daniel