OVH, Proxmox and Univention

Dear Forum

I am turning to you after several attempts to get an UCS running in Proxmox.
Already during the installation, the gateway is in question. I ignored this at the beginning and installed the system. But then … I edited /etc/network/interfaces via the console:
Got the UCS Manager via browser, changed the network settings in it and that’s it - nothing works anymore. It is written in the /etc/network/interfaces not to edit within this file.

What is the proper way to setup the Network/Gateway via console?

For your information: OVH Gateway is not in the same subnet. The network configuration file is according to OVH (example):

auto lo eth0
iface lo inet loopback
iface eth0 inet static
    address FAILOVER_IP
    netmask 255.255.255.255
    broadcast FAILOVER_IP
    post-up route add GATEWAY_IP dev eth0
    post-up route add default gw GATEWAY_IP
    pre-down route del GATEWAY_IP dev eth0
    pre-down route del default gw GATEWAY_IP

Hey,

Univention employs a template system where many configuration files are created from templates taking system and domain settings into account. If you see a disclaimer such as the one you’ve encountered in interfaces, do adhere to it and don’t try to edit those manually. It won’t stick.

Instead read up on using UCR variables. About your specific question: you can find the answer in the documentation as well (read both the sections about IPv4 and IPv6; gateways are mentioned at the end of the IPv6 section).

Kind regards,
mosu

Addendum: oh, you need to add a host route, too. That can be done with UCR variables, too; try ucr search route

Kind regards,
mosu

Hi there
Thank you for your help!
I found following thread for those who are quite busy and don’t have so much time, it helped me:
https://help.univention.com/t/routing-ucs-in-combinaton-with-ip-from-ovh/6161 (Thank’s to ahrnke)

Have a grateful time!
Alex :wink:

Mastodon