OpenXchange MX Records

I have installed OX App Suite with the Univention Mailserver (IMAP/SMTP); when I create a user in UMC, it creates an OX account but I am unable to send mail TO or FROM the account in OX.

What am I doing wrong here? I am hoping to get an OpenXchange server running with the local IMAP / SMTP server installed on the UCS so that when I create a new domain user and an associated OX user it can immediately start sending / receiving mail without the help of an additional server.

[quote=“kmg7513”]I have installed OX App Suite with the Univention Mailserver (IMAP/SMTP); when I create a user in UMC, it creates an OX account but I am unable to send mail TO or FROM the account in OX.[/quote]Please run “mailq” to look at the mail queue and look into /var/log/mail.log. If the mails are not sent, there should be a reason.

Can you please try to send emails from and to two accounts on the same UCS system?

[quote=“kmg7513”]What am I doing wrong here? I am hoping to get an OpenXchange server running with the local IMAP / SMTP server installed on the UCS so that when I create a new domain user and an associated OX user it can immediately start sending / receiving mail without the help of an additional server.[/quote]If you have to use an additional server or not depends on your Internet connection. If your server has a static public IP address and you can assign it a reverse DNS entry, it should work. If you cannot do that, then you should use your ISPs mail server as a relay for sending mail away. Receiving mails directly on your own server would still work.

Thank you very much for your help – the Cyrus IMAPd was stuck and not allowing any messages though, checking the mailq showed nothing as it was stuck (halted). After I restarted the cyrus-imapd process everything worked as expected.

Mastodon