Having hard time changing .conf files in apache2 root folder

Hello. I have been looking everywhere for a step-by-step on how I can access the root/etc/apache2/sites-available folder with right privileges to create and modify a new .conf file for old-server file. I also need to delete a couple files I seem to have accidently copied there …

Thanks for all the good answers, I am finally making my way through it and am almost up and running - I am at last stages of getting it through the firewall and ssl secured with Let’s Encrypt. My first run through here so please be gentle!

I have found the command to run sudo nano but need a bit of help to find the commands to create a config file, delete one and modify it. It will not let me save the file I create in nano, I am quite surte it is a permissions thing. I used sudo …

Login through ssh (on win ie PuTTY) as user “root” with the password of “Administrator”.

Then you will have full permissions and you will not need the sudo part.

Thank you! Got it but the root still uses original root I set when installing UCS, didnt change to administrative password set in AD, which did change the password for original admin user but not root … problem?

no thats no problem, the root password is given to administrator on install, but the users do not correlate to each other - so root has its own password - which may be changed through passwd on cli

rg
Christian

ok thank you for the help!

Mastodon