No RDP connection to domain computers

Hello,

I trieded these solutien and it works fine.

Thank you very much.

I’m sorry but i have to come back to you because the problem is here again.

The solution “map untrusted to daomain = yes” worked for a while but the problem is back again. This moring the same issue: LSA is not available.

When i restart the samba-ac-dc service a login is possible for a while but not stady.

Any other ideas?

Kind regards Jochen

@Moritz_Bunkus: Totally agree.

@Jochen77: The only other difference I’ve made was setting ucr set samba/ntlm/auth=yes which effectively sets NTLM1 to be permitted as well. Maybe worth a try?

@Moritz_Bunkus: What I find quite disturbing as of yet is still though that there seems to be close to 0 from Univention directly and by the mere number of posts regarding this special topic I think there really should be at least some sort of reaction. While it is true that samba made this changes I personally would have expected a bit more QA or at least reaction in this topic. Not wanting to rant at all, I know a lot of Univention guys and they’re really great (I mean it with every word) I still find it a bit disturbing nothing happens in these cases for weeks now. :confused: … Well, whatever it be: Let’s hope they’ll find a solution to these problems as well.

ref: UCS 4.3 Samba 4.7 - Probleme beim Authentizieren (war: Änderungen bei NTLM?)
ref: Windows Fileserveranmeldung nach UCS Update auf 4.3 nicht möglich

I’m just happy I could at least solve my issues by the solutions I’ve posted. Wish you good luck alltogether!

100% agreement!
And the worst part about it, they messed things up with the upgrade and want me to pay for support to fix it. :frowning:
Comparing the Kopano support with the Univention support is like comparing black to white.
It is more than embarrassing that a Kopano employee is now taking care of possible bug fixes for a Univention product.

But, tyvm, @mkromer . Way to go!

Maybe Univention can learn from it.

We are currently checking the issue and will report our results.

Hello,

just a short feedback. I run the

ucr set samba/ntlm/auth=yes

2 days ago. Now it seems to run clear now.

Kind regards.

Jochen

Ok, it looks like the firewall of the UCS 4.3 Samba/AD DCs is blocking TCP ports dynamically allocated by Samba 4.7. In our lab we found that the following adjustment fixed the issue:

ucr set \
     security/packetfilter/package/univention-samba4/tcp/49152:65535/all="ACCEPT" \
     security/packetfilter/package/univention-samba4/tcp/49152:65535/all/en="Dynamic RPC Ports (Samba)"

ucr unset \
     security/packetfilter/package/univention-samba4/tcp/49152/all \
     security/packetfilter/package/univention-samba4/tcp/49152/all/en

service univention-firewall restart

Please note that this needs to be adjusted on all UCS 4.3 Samba/AD DCs.
We will also prepare an errata update to address this.

1 Like
Mastodon