I have an interesting situation and unfortunately i ran out of option. I’m stuck and hopeless
We have two sites A and B with an univention corporate server in each of the sites linked together. We have around 130 users, whose “Desktop” and “Documents” directories are syncronized to the corresponding server in each location. It was configured by group policy. It is a windows active directory domain achived with samba.
Up until the middle of the week everything was working rock solid for months now but we had a serious power outage and Site B went down. After starting it ucs wasn’t working. No hostname, could not join the master, full with errors.
We restored a backup from previous week. Seemingly everything worked. Joined the second server again to the master, gave an error on first try, but did on the second. We noticed however that if we create d a new user after the restore those user could not login. They are able to login to the umc, but cannot login into the computers which are joined to the domain. Interestingly they can login on Site A, but not on Site B.
I cannot find any authentication errors in the logs, the replication is working fine between the two servers, and system diagnostics is clean too.
Do anybody have some tips where i should look at for the culprint.
Thanks a lot in advance