Migrate E-Mail from Exchange to Kopano UCS - solved

Hey,
i always managed all of my E-Mail, contact & calender stuff with exchange. Now i installed an UCS Server with Kopano, to replace the exchange server, so i need to migrate my E-mail, contacts & calender from Exchange to Kopano. What´s the best way to do that?
Thanks for your help
[GER]
Hey,
ich habe bisher immer meine ganzen E-Mails, Kontakte und Kalender per Exchange verwaltet. Nun habe ich mir einen UCS Server mit Kopano aufgesetzt, um den Exchange zu ersetzen. Jetzt stehe ich vor der Frage, wie ich meine gesamten E-Mails, Kontakte und Kalender in Kopano migriere.
Danke für Eure Hilfe

Niki

Hi @Niki,

you should find your answers in https://documentation.kopano.io/kopano_migration_manual/pst_migration.html

2 Likes

Am besten pro user mit outook in eine pst exportieren und mit dem kopano-pst-migration tool in kopano importieren

lg
Christian

1 Like

Hi @Niki,
I have recently done a migration from Microsoft SBS2012 to UCS / Kopano using kopano-migrate-imap since I wanted to do the migration remotely.
This is pretty powerful. You can e.g. filter which folders should be migrated or only mails younger that x days and so on.

On Kopano side you either change the config temporarily to use socket communication or user kopano command line to grant permission on every mailbox for an admin user during the migration.

Figuring out all the connection and permission details on Exchange and Kopano side can be a bit challenging. But once its running its just doing its job.
BR,
Jörn

1 Like

kopano-migration-imap is actually “just” imapsync.

If doing a migration the way through a pst is always preferred, since this is the one way where you can get the most versatile migration path (as it can container mail, contacts, calendars, tasks, …).

Going through imap has its limitation (and that besides the point that it only migrates mail objects).

1 Like

Yep, valid point. Our users where only using mail so far.

1 Like

ok thanks i´m gonna try it with pst.

Mastodon