Kopano4UCS - Enable authenticated SMTP for a single host on LAN

I have a need for a single host on my LAN to be able to authenticate & send outgoing mail via Kopano4UCS. In testing via telnet I realised that authentication is not enabled:-

AUTH LOGIN
503 5.5.1 Error: authentication not enabled

So my question is what would be the optimum way to allow preferably authenticated access for a single host within my lan to send mail, or failing that, allow a single host to relay outgoing mail without auth. Having looked into the postfix config files on Kopano4UCS systems I’ve realised that there’s a lot of automation going on with the Univention Config Registry values being written to config and that charging ahead with manual editing of config files is probably a bad idea for a non-expert like myself. Hence the question here. Hoping someone might be able to advise.

put the ip to the allowed mynetworks ucs entry:
grafik

restart postfix afterwards

rg
Christian

Thanks so much for your response Christian. I followed your advice but authentication still doesn’t seem to be enabled.

My UCR variable is:-

root@kopano:~# ucr get mail/postfix/mynetworks
127.0.0.0/8 10.10.10.0/24

If I test with telnet from a lan (10.10.10.0/24) connected host, I still get:-

AUTH LOGIN
503 5.5.1 Error: authentication not enabled

I’m probably missing something simple here. I did restart postfix after setting the UCR variable & even rebooted to be sure. Any ideas?

It’s ok. I can see what’s happening now. The UCS variable has indeed taken effect to allow unauthenticated relay from my lan subnet.

Thanks so much for your assistance Christian. Very much appreciated.

1 Like

There is no authentication on port 25 only on port 587 (for that you don’t need the ucr get mail/postfix/mynetworks settings on 587

rg
Christian

Mastodon