Its all in German. How is that supposed to help English speakers, no offense

Its all in German. How is that supposed to help English speakers, no offense. I cant even read it and too much to feed Google translate. Why would you do this?

1 Like

Hi,

more and more articles are written in English. Not all of them, indeed. But the German ones are usually tagged “german”. And if you count you will realized most of the articles are written in English.

So no worries, just go ahead.

/CV

thanks - Im just dropping them in google translate

If i may add… one think that the new forum breaks is that google translate cannot translate the posts… we must copy/past into google translate, don’t know if that can be improved…

I don’t understand german, but sometimes are good topics in german that is very dificult to translate because of that…

Thanks for your comment.

As Univention we want to have all posts in English to be available for most of our users.When I reply to a post originally in German I translate the post an switch the thread to English.

Currently we are not enforcing it (ie by deleting German posts) and hope the users will use English language in future posts.

/CV

Doesnt google have an add-in for translation services - it is very frustrating to have complicated issues to resolve, and not be able to use the forum. There is almost no other information out there except here.

It may drastically improve your market share, or else cause you to shrivel up and blow away, conversely. Just my 2 cents. There are many competitors coming. Get onboard while you can, or fade away like so many other “great ideas” of the internet age.

At any rate, I am getting close to feeling like some of this has been a waste of our time since we are unable to even get the Univention server working in a windows network with fully secured SSL. It runs fine mostly on the internal network, but is always broken due to the SSL problems.

And no way we are paying for it. We have put in thousands of network and tech time just trying to make UCS work correctly as it is.

And add to that coming here and seeing 3/4 is in german.

This appears to be a problem that other sites using Discourse are facing too, see https://meta.discourse.org/t/google-translate-shows-blank-page/51311. Looking at your other arguments in this relation: Would you say that Google and Discourse is not usable because of both can not work together?
I mean, one of the top advertising, sorry: software companies on this planet is not able to develop software that is able to read websites regardless of its technologies? Really?

yes true its easy to get spoiled in todays info heavy world

Mastodon