Implementation of UCS in Azure

Hi,

We are trying to setup UCS Server in MS Azure and would like all the users to AD of Univention for authentication with a Site to Site VPN. The users after getting authenticated should be able to access all the Servers which are in Azure.

We tried uploading the UCS VM (Hyper-V VHDX) to Azure after converting it to VHD format.
But we failed and again we have implemented internally first and converted into VHD format and then again we have uploaded the VM but failed with errors.

Request you to find out if any of you were successful in this. More pointers would be appreciated.

Regards

Hi,

sorry for the delay. Did you manage it meanwhile?

As far as I understand you have not been able at all to get the VHD up and running, right?
Well, first “with errors”: it would be helpful to have an idea what errors appeared.

/CV

Hi Christian,

Thanks for your reply.
Please find attached screenshot of the error.

Request you to help us out.

ucs-azure-error

Sorry to ask this.

Have you checked the mentioned URL?

As it is a deployment error and not a validation error the image is ok. I suggest to read the article to find some more information about the error happening. There are references to logfiles and so on. Sorry, I do not have an Azure instance to test it out.

/CV

I am also facing the same problem, I have already spent many hours in trying to fix this. Anyone was able to fix this? Below is the error I am getting in the CLI.

cmdlet New-AzVM at command pipeline position 1
Supply values for the following parameters:
Credential
New-AzVm : Long running operation failed with status ‘Failed’. Additional Info:'OS Provisioning for VM ‘lmzdev’ did not finish in the allotted time. The VM may still finish provisioning successfully. Please check provisioning state later.
Also, make sure the image has been properly prepared (generalized).
At line:1 char:1

• New-AzVm `
  •   + CategoryInfo          : CloseError: (:) [New-AzVM], CloudException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Azure.Commands.Compute.NewAzureVMCommand

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Mastodon