I can not apply new patches

Hi,
After updating UCS 4.2.5 Errata 515 I can no longer apply new errata. Can not I apply new errata?

Best regards,
Michael Voigt

Hey,

that’s way too little information. What exactly do you mean by “cannot apply”? Are new errata not shown at all (current errata for 4.2-5 is 532) in the updater? If you attempt an update, what happens? If you attempt the update from the command line with univention-updater, what’s written to the log file /var/log/univention/updater.log?

m.

And you should also take a look at this troubleshooting advice which was posted half an hour ago.

Hi Mosu

So the point is that UCS 4.2-5 is suggesting I upgrade to 4.3 or buy an enterprise license to continue to have updates in version 4.2
I thought I could continue to have updates for a longer time. I do not upgrade to version 4.3-2 right now because I have a lot installed on it.
Too bad I can not continue to enjoy updates to version 4.2

Best regards,
Michael Voigt

Hi,

well, that’s the deal- Core license for free with limited maintenance. Security updates are available for 6 months after the following release has been announced.

UCS 4.3 has been released on 14. March 2018. So six months free maintenance according to this statement. The Core version does not have access to the 4.2 repositories and will not get any security updates.

Upgrade do 4.3 now. Or buy an enterprise license.

That’s the deal.

/CV

Hi,

Okay, now I get it.
I will upgrade to UCS 4.3

Best regards,
Michael Voigt

Mastodon