How to dismiss Nextcloud update message in UCS software update?

Hello,
I am using UCS since last summer and I am very satisfied with it. - The developers did a great job.

In the last months I upgraded the Univention docker App Nextcoud several times to version 17.0.3 as it was recommended inside Nextcloud.

In Nextcloud under Settings - Overview:

Version

Nextcloud 17.0.3 Deine Version ist aktuell.

But in UCS I always receive the message, that an app-update of Nextcloud is waiting:

Es sind App Center-Aktualisierungen verfügbar.

• [Nextcloud]: Version 15.0.8-0 kann auf 16.0.6-0 aktualisiert werden

Is there any possibility to disable the update reminder in UCS as long as Nextcloud is more recent than the Univention app recommends?

I don’t want to run that UCS-update to V 16.0.6-0, because there are new database fields in the Nextcloud 17 database, to prevent my system from data loss.

Does nobody have an answer?

I can only say NEVER EVER do a App Upgrade inside the app if you’re using UCS
You must do the updates through the UCS app center

But I have no advice on your situation you’re now - best would be to export all data and do a reinstall from app center - that what i would do

rg
Christian

Apparently this will soon be fixed in the app itself: https://github.com/nextcloud/univention-app/issues/112

Meaning that another layer is implemented that the app update notifications are not shown.

Thank you fbartels - this might be very helpful.

oh, I have nothing to do with this. Just linked an existing issue in the Github repo of the project.

Right, but YOU pointed me to the bug-report, where the needed information became published :wink: