Got join error on upgrade from 4.2-3 to 4.3

Hi,

after Upgrade from UCS 4.2-3 to 4.3 I get following join error:

Bildschirmfoto von »2018-03-14 19-15-54«

rg
Christian

Hey,

please run the join scripts manually with univention-run-join-scripts. Post the corresponding section from /var/log/univention/join.log if the script fails again.

Kind regards,
mosu

I did this

but there is no real information in the join.log

grafik

the status for the samba4-saml-kerberos.inst still stays as not run

rg
Christian

Hey,

that is… interesting, because that EXITCODE=0 normally means that the script has succeeded. However, that …(in joinscript_init) hints at the script failing in a function common to all join scripts, which I’ve never seen before.

Can you please modify the file /usr/lib/univention-install/98univention-samba4-saml-kerberos.inst by adding the line set -x as the second line (after the #!/bin/bash), re-run univention-run-join-scripts and post the log content it generates? That set -x enables tracing; the shell will output everything it executes, and that may shed some light.

Kind regards,
mosu

ok that brought an error

grafik

I’ll ahve to look about ucs-sso user

I miss the etc/simplesamlphp.keytab and /etc/simplesamlphp/ucs-sso-kerberos.secret files

rg
Christian

Hey,

those two files should be created by the join script 91univention-saml.inst. Did that script complete successfully? What is the server’s role (ucr get server/role)?

Kind regards,
mosu

It is the Domain Master
but 91univention-saml.inst is not in the list of the join scripts

rg
Christian

Hey,

uhm… what? That would mean the package univention-saml isn’t installed, and univention-server-master likely isn’t either. Please verify that: dpkg -l univention-saml univention-server-master Install univention-server-master if it isn’t installed. That should pull in univention-saml automatically. Run the join scripts again afterwards.

Kind regards,
mosu

1 Like

that was the missing link :slight_smile:
univention-server-master was already there

now all seems ok

rg
Christian

Mastodon