We are pleased to announce the availability of the first milestone of UCS 3.1 as DVD-ISO for i386 and amd64. The milestone aims at channel partners and technology partners, who want to ensure the compatibility of their software solutions with UCS 3.1. The milestone is not designated for production use. An update DVD is not available.
The following elements are part of this milestone:
- Update to Kernel 3.2 (Update to the latest version during the course of development)
- Updates of the Dojo framework
- Network configuration for Bridges, VLANs and Bonding
- Performance improvements for group resolution
- Installer: Switch of the partition table format to GUID partition table as part of the UEFI standard. It allows to address up to 8 zebibytes.
- Update of Samba 3 to version 3.6.6
- Update of Samba 4 to beta4 (Update to the latest version during the course of development)
- Update of Xen 4 to 4.1.3
- Update to qemu/kvm 1.1
- Update of OpenLDAP to 2.4.31
The installed system is configured to retrieve package updates from testing.univention.de. It allows to easily follow the development of UCS
3.1 by just updating the packages.
Questions can be asked in the Univention Forum in the section UCS. Information about download and installation of the milestone can be found in the Univention Wiki in the article UCS 3.1 Development - Testings. Further information about development, schedule and feature set can be found in this article, as well.