Enabling users to maintain some of their own fields

All -

I’m still new to UCS, but with the help of one of the other members of this forum (thank you again, Moritz!!), I will be most likely moving ahead with implementing UCS within our environment for LDAP use. With that said, I’ve got another thing that I’d like to be able to do with UCS if possible, but this isn’t a deal breaker for us.

Currently, when a ‘normal’ user logs into UCS, they can only change their password. I am adding some custom LDAP fields using the ‘univentionFreeAttributes’ and want to give my users the ability to maintain this information themselves. Is this possible? Do I need to write my own custom interface to do this?

If anyone has any direction here, I’d appreciate it.

Thank you,
Charles

Hello Charles,

while it is possible to alter LDAP ACLs to have users access their data in UMC, though it is a somewhat complicated undertaking. There is the possibility to display the data with the ‘self’ module. I don’t know the specifics, but I’ll ask a developer if he can write an explanation or point to documentation.

The other possibility is for you to wait a month. UCS 4.1 will deliver a framework for user self-service with one or two plugins implemented. You can then create your own plugins and those will be independent of the UMC layout - you can put your own branding on them.

Hello everyone,

just wanted to let you know that there is already a feature request for this: [bug]39218[/bug]

Best regards,
Michael Grandjean

Mastodon