Eigene Schriftarten in Collabora installieren / install own fonts in Collabora

Hallo Zusammen,
wir betreiben Nextcloud und Collabora als UCS - Apps.
Nun möchte ich gerne eigene Schriftarten in Collabora hinzufügen. Wenn ich im Web suche, finde ich viele Lösungen, die darauf hinaus laufen, dass ich den Docker-Container selbst neu bauen soll.
Das kann ja aber nicht der Weg in UCS sein.:wink:

Andere Lösungen sprechen davon, dass man einen Pfad einrichten soll, in den die Custom Fonts kommen. Diese Pfad muss man dann als Parameter beim Start des Docker-Containers angeben. Das wäre ein Weg, ich weiß nur nicht, wo genau ich die Parameter für den Docker-Start angeben muss in UCS.:wink:

Vielleicht gibt es ja aber auch noch einen viel einfacheren Weg in UCS der mir bisher verborgen geblieben ist.

Ich freue mich auf Antworten, viele Grüße
Bodo Byszio

Hello,

in order to involve the Collabora team, I translate your posting @bbyszio:

Hello, everybody,

we operate Nextcloud and Collabora as UCS - Apps.
Now I would like to add my own fonts in Collabora. When I search the web, I find many solutions that lead to the idea that I should rebuild the docker container myself.
But that can’t be the way in UCS.:wink:

Other solutions talk about setting up a path where the custom fonts come in. You have to specify this path as a parameter when you start the Docker Container. That would be one way, I just don’t know where exactly I have to specify the parameters for Docker startup in UCS.:wink:

But maybe there is a much easier way in UCS that I haven’t seen before.

I look forward to receiving answers, many greetings
Bodo Byszio

I personally was in contact with Collabora on this topic a couple of weeks ago. It’s good to see that need from another direction.

Best regards,
Nico

1 Like

Hi,

as a workaround you can install font packages in the Ubuntu container of Collabora, as root on the UCS instance:

univention-app shell collabora apt update
univention-app shell collabora apt install --yes <font-package>
univention-app restart collabora

Two things need to be considered:

• the restart will disconnect running instances / users
  • the addintional fonts will be lost with the next Collabora upgrade provided by the Univention App Center – you need to re-run the commands afterwards

Hope it works for you!

Best Regards
Ingo

1 Like

To complete the thread: a few weeks after this thread we added a script hook which allows administrators to automate container image modifications and other things needed after App installation. Documentation can be found here:

https://docs.software-univention.de/manual/5.0/en/software/further-software.html#hook-scripts-for-administrators

Mastodon