Change password from windows client

Hello
There is a possibility that change the password from windows client side? I mean when I am on the login and if I forgot the password then I can click to Reset password and come up a page where I must write my email address and after I can change the password.

I saw this method in my school, that I clicked to Reset Password and come up a page where I must write my username, when I born and answer to secret question and after I can change the password.
I am very beginner in this and I want learn this also, how can do something like that.
I hope someone can help me. :slight_smile:

Hey,

Univention contains a password recovery service that users can use without involving the administration. It requires that the “Sef Service” app be installed, and it requires that user accounts have an email address configured (that’s where the recovery token is sent to).

See the documentation for more information, albeit rather sparse one. However, there’s also the blog post announcing the feature back in 4.1. That one provides more details than the administration manual.

Kind regards,
mosu

Mastodon