Can't upgrade to UCS5 while bareos is blocking it

Hello all,

4.4-9 errata1233

I would like to get at least one stone out of the way and pave the way for the upgrade to 5. I still have to wait for Kopano, but at least I could fix this one bug.

On an Memberserver on every Update i get this error:
The update to UCS 5.0 is blocked because the component 'bareos_20180628113044' is marked as required.

A long time ago i had bareos installed, but on another memberserver. All clientpackages are removed. So is there a flag/config… what i have to remove/edit?

That i have also found: Bug 53608 – upgrade from UCS4.4 to 5.0 is blocked by component 'bareos_20210310180924'

root@data ~ # univention-app status bareos
bareos is not supported

univention-app info       
UCS: 4.4-9 errata1235
Installed: samba-memberserver=4.7
Upgradable: 

univention-app remove bareos
Going to remove Bareos Backup Server (20.0.1)
Configuring bareos=20.0.1
No hostdn for bareos found. Nothing to remove
Configuring bareos=20.0.1
Paketlisten werden gelesen...
Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut....
Statusinformationen werden eingelesen....
Paket »univention-bareos« ist nicht installiert, wird also auch nicht entfernt.
0 aktualisiert, 0 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 0 nicht aktualisiert.
Reloading apache2 configuration (via systemctl): apache2.service.
Password for Administrator: Aborting...

root@dc1:~# grep -i bareos temp.txt 
objectClass: bareosClientHost
bareosEnableJob: Not
dn: cn=univention-bareos,cn=ldapschema,cn=univention,dc=osit,dc=cc
cn: univention-bareos
univentionOwnedByPackage: univention-bareos
univentionLDAPSchemaFilename: univention-bareos.schema

Thanks

Yes, looks like you have some lingering references ot Bareos still in OpenLDAP, that might well be the cause for your blocade.

First: While I wouldn’t do this lightheartedly and only after having validated your backups … maybe it gets you into the right direction for your specific case. I was once there with a previously removed App that brought in its own schema additions, but was later removed and initially blocked further updating (long time ago, maybe when Zarafa changed to Kopano, I don’t remember exactly.)

Your temp.txt looks like the content of slapcat output? Manually editing it and reimporting on the master/primary could be done, but if you get things wrong here, it might become difficult to get back to a working state, I’d only do that as a very last resort and only after trying that on a test system. (Back in time I learned that skipping the Univention tools should only be done for very good reasons if other options are all exhausted → “You can, but shouldn’t, unless not avoidable”)

You can use output of the file, slapcat gave you to quickly find the DNs that are still referencing the bareos schema, mostl objectClass bareosClientHost. I’d first focus on those references to bareosEnableJob. If you know the DN, you might be able to disable them through the User/Computer UI in the Web UI, that would be preferred. Rince and repeat until all items are gone.

If not possible, you could attempt could be to use the LDAP tree in the Web UI to remove these items, or something like Apache Directory Studio, unless you are well-versed in writing custom LDIFs and using ldapadd. (again: have backups ready).

Also there is a chance that on your UCS master / primary node you still have univention-bareos.schema. DO NOT delete (or move) that file until all other references to bareos in OpenLDAP are gone. You might otherwise end up with slapd not wanting to start anymore until you either safely dropped all remaining references or put the file back to its current location. Also check whether or not the schema file is still referenced by a Debian package using

dpkg -S /path-to/univention-bareos.schema

That’s not a full guide, but it might give you some hints where to look at. So long as are using udm or the Web UI, you are still in more “supported” territory as you are not directly messing with OpenLDAP. You might end up having to, but if you can, avoid it.

Very thanks for your information. It at least seems like nothing is enabled here anymore, but I am now going through the LDAP manually.

There was still an old package source active in the Appcenter of Bareos. For whatever reason. After deactivation the update went normally.

Mastodon