Cannot join UCS server to Existing Windows Domain

Hi All,

I am new to UCS and I am trying to join this server th an existing Windows Domain. It’s a fresh install and I have never run UCS in the past.

It’s my intent to set this server up as a Member domain controller for my existing domain, but I assumed step 1 would be just getting it joined to the domain in the first place.

I run the setup, get to the initial setup screen, select to join an existing Windows Domain, and get the following error:

Internal server error during "setup/check/join_info (wizard)".
Request: setup/check/join_info (wizard)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/management/console/base.py", line 260, in execute
    function.__func__(self, request, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/management/console/modules/decorators.py", line 318, in _response
    result = _multi_response(self, request)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/management/console/modules/decorators.py", line 192, in _response
    return function(self, request)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/management/console/modules/decorators.py", line 440, in _response
    return list(function(self, iterator, *nones))
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/management/console/modules/decorators.py", line 286, in _fake_func
    yield function(self, *args)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/management/console/modules/setup/__init__.py", line 794, in check_domain_join_information
    domain = util.check_credentials_ad(nameserver, address, username, password)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/management/console/modules/setup/util.py", line 1142, in check_credentials_ad
    check_ad_account(ad_domain_info, username, password)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/univention/lib/admember.py", line 294, in check_ad_account
    lo_ad.lo.sasl_interactive_bind_s("", auth)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line 962, in sasl_interactive_bind_s
    res = self._apply_method_s(SimpleLDAPObject.sasl_interactive_bind_s,*args,**kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line 931, in _apply_method_s
    return func(self,*args,**kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line 244, in sasl_interactive_bind_s
    return self._ldap_call(self._l.sasl_interactive_bind_s,who,auth,RequestControlTuples(serverctrls),RequestControlTuples(clientctrls),sasl_flags)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line 106, in _ldap_call
    result = func(*args,**kwargs)
LOCAL_ERROR: {'info': 'SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information (Resource temporarily unavailable)', 'desc': 'Local error'}

I’m really not sure what to do from here because I cannot progress beyond this point. Normally I would set up a DNS entry and and AD object for the system ahead of time, and then try to join, but at this point in the UCS setup process I have not even yet been able to set a hostname.

Any help out there for me? This is pretty much out of the box setup and not working for me.

Thanks!

I had the same error when trying to install from vmware image.
Install from the ISO and use manual network setting, point to DNS of the AD and it should work.
Posting this just incase someone encounters the same problem.

Mastodon