Bind9 fails to start automatically

After rebooting master dc, bind9 will not start automatically.
Error posted in systemctl status bind9:

loading configuration: shutting down exiting (due to fatal error)
…/…/…/bin/named/client.c:3516: unexpected error: isc_socket_accept () failed: shutting down
bind9.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Failed to start BIND Domain Name Server with samba4 backend.
samba_dlz: shutting down

If I manually start the service, everything loads correctly. Seems bind9 starting too quickly before samba4. Is there anything I can do to fix the issue?

With Regards,

Russ

After running some tests, I found that replacing in the systemd bind9 service file {/etc/systemd/system/bind9.service.d/10-configure-backend.conf) the entry for Type=simple to Type=oneshot under [Service], the problem goes away! This file is auto-generated by /etc/univention/templates/files/etc/systemd/system/bind9.service.d/10-configure-backend.conf. So there seenms to be a problem with the template.

Here is another Topic about this issue!

Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately, it does not work for my installation. Changing “Type=simple” to “Type=oneshot” caused a problem (web interface did not start anymore). After changing back to “Type=simple” and reboot the web gui started again. But there was another problem logging in with a domain account. After a second reboot I could login with the domain account. Bind9 was started. But the system diagnosis could not reach the bind service - “test again” was helpfully.
So I updated the system. bind9 seemed to be started (in system services) but there where to error in the system diagnosis (“bind9” and “kdc” were both unreachable but seemed to work after clicking “test again”).

I managed to “fix” problem by adding Restart=always to the service file. Makes the service restart after first failure, at which time samba has had enough time to start.

Mastodon