Backup Update mit OX auf 4.3 schlägt fehl aufgrund von fehlendem OX Service, slapd down

Hallo zusammen,
ich versuche meinen Backup inkl OX (Univention DC Backup 4.2-4) per univention-upgrade auf 4.3.x zu aktualisieren.

Der Master (Univention DC Master 4.3-2) ist bereits auf dem neusten Stand.

Das erste Update auf dem Backup auf den neusten Stand von 4.2.x funktioniert problemlos. Anschließend möchte der Updater auf 4.3.x gehen und scheitert dabei. Es wird angemerkt dass der Service OX nicht bekannt ist, anschließend ist der slapd down.

Vorbereitung zum Entpacken von .../liblua5.1-0_5.1.5-8.1+b2_amd64.deb ...
Entpacken von liblua5.1-0:amd64 (5.1.5-8.1+b2) über (5.1.5-7.1) ...
Vorbereitung zum Entpacken von .../libtre5_0.8.0-6A~4.3.0.201711231333_amd64.deb ...
Entpacken von libtre5:amd64 (0.8.0-6A~4.3.0.201711231333) über (0.8.0-4+deb8u1A~4.2.0.201703021409) ...
Trigger für libc-bin (2.24-11+deb9u1) werden verarbeitet ...
Trigger für systemd (232-25+deb9u1A~4.3.0.201711221833) werden verarbeitet ...
(Lese Datenbank ... 156308 Dateien und Verzeichnisse sind derzeit installiert.)
Entfernen von univention-ox-meta-singleserver (9.0.7-11A~4.2.0.201801031550) ...
Entfernen von univention-em-client-for-ox (1.1.0-2A~4.2.0.201712010949) ...
Not updating ox/cfg/client-onboarding-emclient.properties/com.openexchange.capability.emclient_premium
Entfernen von univention-ox (9.0.7-11A~4.2.0.201801031550) ...
removing dangling symlink /etc/apache2/conf-enabled/proxy_http_ox_100_appsuite.conf
Job for apache2.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
See "systemctl status apache2.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
2018-10-05 09:38:57.678767559+02:00 (in joinscript_init)
WARNING: cannot remove ox from service, value does not exist
No modification: cn=backup,cn=dc,cn=computers,dc=bbc,dc=local
E: object not found
E: object not found
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/univention-join/univention-ox", line 174, in <module>
    main()
  File "/var/univention-join/univention-ox", line 169, in main
    c.main()
  File "/var/univention-join/univention-ox", line 60, in main
    self.get_ldap()
  File "/var/univention-join/univention-ox", line 102, in get_ldap
    self.config = univention.admin.config.config(host=self.ucr["ldap/server/name"])
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/admin/config.py", line 40, in __init__
    base = univention.admin.uldap.getBaseDN(host)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/univention/admin/uldap.py", line 132, in getBaseDN
    result = lo.search_s('', ldap.SCOPE_BASE, 'objectClass=*', ['NamingContexts'])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line 597, in search_s
    return self.search_ext_s(base,scope,filterstr,attrlist,attrsonly,None,None,timeout=self.timeout)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line 993, in search_ext_s
    return self._apply_method_s(SimpleLDAPObject.search_ext_s,*args,**kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line 935, in _apply_method_s
    self.reconnect(self._uri,retry_max=self._retry_max,retry_delay=self._retry_delay)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/ldap/ldapobject.py", line 911, in reconnect
    raise e
ldap.SERVER_DOWN: {'desc': "Can't contact LDAP server"}
removing dangling symlink /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/ox.conf
Entfernen von mysql-server (5.5.60-0+deb8u1A~4.2.3.201804221415) ...
Entfernen von mysql-server-5.5 (5.5.60-0+deb8u1A~4.2.3.201804221415) ...
Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/^(.*?)(\\)?\${ <-- HERE ([^{}]+)}(.*)$/ at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Question.pm line 72.
Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/\${ <-- HERE ([^}]+)}/ at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Config.pm line 30.
Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/^(.*?)(\\)?\${ <-- HERE ([^{}]+)}(.*)$/ at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Question.pm line 72.
Unescaped left brace in regex is deprecated, passed through in regex; marked by <-- HERE in m/\${ <-- HERE ([^}]+)}/ at /usr/share/perl5/Debconf/Config.pm line 30.
dpkg: Zyklus bei der Triggerverarbeitung gefunden:
 Kette der Pakete, deren Trigger verantwortlich sind oder sein könnten:
  python-support -> man-db
 anhängige Trigger von Paketen, die nicht auflösbar sind oder sein könnten:
  man-db: /usr/share/man
  python-support: pysupport
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten des Paketes man-db (--remove):
 Trigger bilden eine Schleife, aufgegeben
Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
 man-db
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Error: Failed to execute "apt-get -o DPkg::Options::=--force-confold -o DPkg::Options::=--force-overwrite -o DPkg::Options::=--force-overwrite-dir --trivial-only=no --assume-yes --quiet=1 -u dist-upgrade"
exitcode of univention-updater: 1

Habe ich hier ein grundlegendes Problem mit meinem Setup da der OX Service nicht im LDAP gefunden werden kann?

Viele Grüße
Michael

Antwort auf Englisch um auch von englischsprachigen Usern verstanden zu werden.

Hello Michael,

From the log output above I cannot say why it happend, but OX has been removed during the upgrade:

Entfernen von univention-ox-meta-singleserver (9.0.7-11A~4.2.0.201801031550) ...
Entfernen von univention-ox (9.0.7-11A~4.2.0.201801031550) ...

That the OX service couldn’t be found is not a problem.
The upgrade broke because of an unrelated package dependency problem.

You can try to fix the current package installation problem by running

apt-get install -f

and then continue the upgrade by running univention-upgrade again.

The critical question is however if your user data in the uninstalled MySQL server is still there (should be) and will be picked up by MariaDB, when installed (should happen).

If you made a backup before upgrading, then I suggest to finish the upgrade and afterwards install the OX App again. Then check the data in the OX database (user accounts, contacts, calendar entries). If that database migration failed, you should save the logs, then restore the backup and verify that the installation is OK before trying to upgrade again.

Before everything, check the state of the LDAP schema, see How do I check, if the correct LDAP schemes are registered? in Update to OX App Suite 7.10.0 for UCS 4.3

Greetings
Daniel

Hi Daniel,
thank you for your response. I was able to upgrade the Backup now to the latest version and OX is running as well.

I faced 3 issues during the upgrade.

1. python-support had an issue during the first upgrade, so the status was iF, i fixed it with dpkg --reconfigure python-support. After that the upgrade could be continued
  2. during the upgrade ox was removed and also /etc/apache2/sites-available/ox.conf apache2 was failing to reload and the upgrade stopped again. a2dissite ox fixed the issue
  3. after the UCS update was done i picked up ox app suite again from the appcenter. The installation failed. The logs did not contain any useful information. a dpgk --reconfigure on the ox server package showed that OX wants openjdk-8 but openjdk-7 was installed (and the default jre). I changed the default to openjdk-8-jre and then ox could be installed again.

First tests are showing that everything is fine now. I can send an receive mails and also login into the appsuite.

Thank you again for pointing out the first issue, i would have search days why the ox service entry was missing in slapd :slight_smile:

Greetings from Bremen
Michael

Mastodon