Backup to Master - UCS 5.0-2 errata431

Hi,

I am trying to promote a Backup-Node to Master, according to the documentation, i must first synchronize the two servers and install the same packages on the backup:
dpkg --get-selections * >> dpkg.selection (on the Master)

on the Backup-Node
dpkg --set-selections < dpkg.selection
apt-get dselect-upgrade

Unfortunately the installation process closes with an error and I cannot go on:

# apt-get dselect-upgrade
Paketlisten werden gelesen... Fertig
Abhängigkeitsbaum wird aufgebaut.       
Statusinformationen werden eingelesen.... Fertig
Die folgenden NEUEN Pakete werden installiert:
  univention-server-master
0 aktualisiert, 1 neu installiert, 0 zu entfernen und 0 nicht aktualisiert.
55 nicht vollständig installiert oder entfernt.
Es müssen noch 0 B von 161 kB an Archiven heruntergeladen werden.
Nach dieser Operation werden 284 kB Plattenplatz zusätzlich benutzt.
Möchten Sie fortfahren? [J/n] j
(Lese Datenbank ... 153370 Dateien und Verzeichnisse sind derzeit installiert.)
Vorbereitung zum Entpacken von .../univention-server-master_15.0.5-2A~5.0.0.202207141236_all.deb ...
Entpacken von univention-server-master (15.0.5-2A~5.0.0.202207141236) ...
dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten des Archivs /var/cache/apt/archives/univention-server-master_15.0.5-2A~5.0.0.202207141236_all.deb (--unpack):
 Versuch, »/etc/univention/templates/files/etc/logrotate.d/univention-server-password-change« zu überschreiben, welches auch in Paket univention-server-backup 15.0.5-2A~5.0.0.202207141236 ist
Fehler traten auf beim Bearbeiten von:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/univention-server-master_15.0.5-2A~5.0.0.202207141236_all.deb
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
# 

Anyone have an idea?
Thanks

Hey,

you should be able to just skip the package for now as it will be handled by the backup2master later on:

I opened bug 55227 to mention this package in the manual.

Best regards
Jan-Luca

thanks for the reply, I have read the official guide and it is not similar to the link you posted but anyway I also have a question: why is the Backup node not the same as the Master node by default? And why in the guide I find written:
For this you have to compare the UCR variables on both systems.
Shouldn’t they be the same since it’s a “Backup”?

The linked guide is a continuation of the steps provided in the manual, a junction is issued in bug 54478.
Regarding your questions: While the Backup functions can function as a replacement of the Primary it is in fact an own server role, therefore the meta-package does differ as long as the backup2master is not concluded.
UCR is a tool for local system configuration and as both servers are two different systems local configuration does differ (first thing that would come to my mind is the hostname, but there are several variables that depend on local surroundings).

On a broader picture: A Backup is no direct copy, these are two (or more) distinct systems and the replacement process via backup2master is not something that can be done without analyzing your specific environment.

Mastodon