UCC 2 64Bit?

Hi,

Someone mentioned that the UCC 2.1 will be 64BIt. It would be great to have a 64bit image, since there is now software (for example vmware) which is no longer delivered in 32 bit. Also there is a huge disk i/o performance impact with the current ubuntu release in certain hardware configurations. This is also resolved by using the 64bit kernel/userland.

Do you have an approximate ETA for the UCC 2.1?

Sincerely,

• Folken

Hello Folken,
An ETA like β€œ5 Days ago?” :slight_smile: --> Univention Corporate Client (UCC) 2.1 released

Regards,
Jens Thorp-Hansen

Edit: I take it you mean the 64bit Release --> The manual still states β€œβ€¦The official UCC images are provided as i386.” - I will check that and inform you if I know more.
Edit2: I just got message: One of the reasons UCC2.1 is still 32 Bit is for example the citrix receiver, that is still 32 Bit. The underlying Ubuntu 14.04 can be 64 Bit without a hitch, but for UCC this is not planned.

HI!
Thank you for the quick reply.

FYI:
I recently checked the citrix website for the receiver for another project. According to the Release Notes it supports now 64 Bit without 32bit compat libs / Multiarch.

citrix.com/downloads/citrix … -13-2.html

β€œFull 64 bit support, now includes the HDX Session technology. The whole 64bit package is now built 64bit, so no longer requires 32bit compatibility libraries to be installed on x86_64 platforms. (Session Launch Technology was supplied as 64 bit in 13.1)”

Could you please reconsider your stance on 64bit UCC ? :slight_smile:

Cheers,

• Folken

Hi Folken,
I have put this forward internally. Thank you for your Feedback!

Regards,
Jens Thorp-Hansen

Mastodon