Translation

Nice!!
I will tackle the .po files from within the management dir. I used svn copy to get a nl.po file and edited some text.
Have to figure out what to do with the translated files, questions go in this topic of per pm?

Regards,

Jos.

Hello Jos,

if you have questions concerning the translation, I suggest you just ask them in this thread. This will keep information at one place and helps other people having the same questions. Alternatively, you may open a new topic in the UCS section.

Best regards,
Nico Gulden

Update:
Just to let you know, i am halfway through translating all the de.po files i could find.
In case you wondered about the silence :slight_smile:

Jos.

Hello Jos,

thank you very much for the short status. That’s great to hear.

Best regards,
Nico Gulden

Maybe a bit late but just to know i am doing this the rigth way, for a nl.po i delete the German msgstr translation and replace it with the nl translated text.
Like in this example:

#: umc/widgets/Grid.js:684 #, python-format msgid "%d entries of %d selected" msgstr "%d Einträge von %d ausgewählt"

Hello Jos,

yes, that is right. The “msgid” has to be left as is. The “msgstr” needs to be changed to match your language.

I guess, you are working with UCS 3.0 for the translation. Yesterday, we released UCS 3.1. If you are almost finished with the translation, I suggest you continue. Afterwards, the existing translation files in the branches can be compared for changes and just need to be updated for UCS 3.1. The code can be found here: svn checkout http://forge.univention.org/svn/dev/branches/ucs-3.1/ucs/
Best regards,
Nico Gulden

Hello Jos,

I’m interested in Dutch translation too.

How can I help?

Regards, Arthur

Hello Arthur,

Thanks for the offer!, I am in the midds of the translations, now working on the installer.po file and going on as long as time (or my eyes) permit.
Thus the process is slowly because of other things that need to be done but i am getting there. I do the translations on my local machine, i don’t know nothing about how to proceed in getting this to be a joined venture. I started the translations but i am not in control in how things have to be arranged.
Also i am working on the 3.0 version but there is a 3.1 version since last December, so things have to be compared when i am done with the current translations. Then again, if the whole lot is translated I would really like you or other Dutch users to revise the translations in case there are strange twists in the translated text. I spoke shortly with Nico on the irc chat and i am sure that he will jump in here when he has the time (there is a summit going on right now). Perhaps he might have some ideas about this and how to proceed.
Please stay tuned!

Regards,

Jos.

Hello Jos,

our Univention Summit is over and it was a great event. @Arthur: Thanks for offering your help.

I’d like to follow-up on our discussion last week. Let me summarize, what you have so far AFAIK:[ul]
[li] Your current work is based on UCS 3.0[/li]
[li] Some translation files are done[/li][/ul]
For your next steps, I suggest you take the files from UCS 3.1 for every new translation file you are working on. As soon as you are done, you can compare and merge the translations already done for UCS 3.0 to the appropriate files in UCS 3.1. The focus should be to get a complete set of translation files for UCS 3.1.

The sources for UCS 3.1 can be found here with the following command:

svn checkout http://forge.univention.org/svn/dev/branches/ucs-3.1/ucs/

Best regards,
Nico Gulden

Still working on the translation, can let you know that more than halve the 3.0 branch is done.
Have switched to 3.1 as you mentioned, now using eSvn and editing is a bit easier instead of using nano.
I have a bit more time now to focus on the task, and the end is getting near… :slight_smile:

Hello Jos,

thanks for the short status update. Great to hear about the progress.

Best regards,
Nico Gulden

Hello Nico,

For the first time i encounter a problem when executing msgfmt -o nl.mo nl.po
The error has something to do with double definitions from a message.
How to proceed?

Regards,

Jos.

Hello Jos,

please provide some more information that hopefully help:[ul]
[li] What is the exact error message and what UCS version are you using?[/li]
[li] What are the steps to reproduce the problem?[/li]
[li] Which package is involved?[/li][/ul]
As you are speaking of a double definition, is there the same msgid somewhere else in the po file?

Best regards,
Nico Gulden

Hello Nico,

I am working on the ucs-3.1 version, and the error occurs in the copy of the de.po at
univention-management-console-module-ucr/umc/js/de.po

msgfmt -o nl.mo nl.po
nl.po:154: dubbele definitie van een bericht…
nl.po:151: …dit is de plek van de eerste definitie
msgfmt: 1 fatale fout gevonden
And yes, both 151 and 154 contain de same defs:

#: umc/js/ucr.js:214
msgid “Value of the UCR variable”
msgstr “Wert der UCR-Variable”

#: umc/js/ucr.js:107
msgid “Value of the UCR variable”
msgstr “Wert der UCR-Variable”

I see the solution i think, put the 214 and 107 id in the same rule?

Regards,

Jos.

EDIT: Yes, i managed to get the .mo file by putting the two id’s in one rule.

Hello Jos,

thank you for the issue report. I could reproduce it and opened a bug report: forge.univention.org/bugzilla/s … i?id=30810. For the moment your workaround should be fine.

Best regards,
Nico

Nearly done, after i have reviewed my translations i have to merge 3.0 with 3.1
Perhaps you can give some guidance in this?
How to know if there is missing translated text since there are no other nl.po’s to compare with.
Or do you diff the sum of msgid strings between files?
Then again i hope there is not too much added in UCS 3.1.1 :), you guys are fast!!

Done!
All the de.po files i could find in UCS 3.0/3.1 are translated. I will now scan for strange and/or quirky translations and when that is done 3.0 and 3.1 need to merge, but for which i need guidance.

Regards,

Jos.

Hello Jos,

thanks a lot for the updated status.

[quote=“Jos”]Done!
All the de.po files i could find in UCS 3.0/3.1 are translated. I will now scan for strange and/or quirky translations [/quote]
That sounds great.

I’ll give you a response during the course of the week on how to proceed. Can you please provide a list of the packages or source directories you created a translation for and state for which UCS version your made them?

Best regards,
Nico Gulden

svn status 3.0:

? .directory ? base/univention-installer/installer/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/installer.nl.mo A + base/univention-installer/installer/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/installer.nl.po ? base/univention-system-setup/umc/nl.mo ? base/univention-system-setup/umc/python/setup/nl.mo A + base/univention-system-setup/umc/python/setup/nl.po A + base/univention-system-setup/umc/nl.po A + base/univention-system-setup/umc/js/nl.po ? base/univention-quota/umc/nl.mo ? base/univention-quota/umc/python/quota/nl.mo A + base/univention-quota/umc/python/quota/nl.po A + base/univention-quota/umc/nl.po ? base/univention-quota/umc/js/nl.mo A + base/univention-quota/umc/js/nl.po ? management/.directory ? management/univention-join/umc/nl.mo ? management/univention-join/umc/python/join/nl.mo A + management/univention-join/umc/python/join/nl.po A + management/univention-join/umc/nl.po ? management/univention-join/umc/js/nl.mo A + management/univention-join/umc/js/nl.po ? management/univention-directory-reports/modules/univention/directory/reports/nl.mo A + management/univention-directory-reports/modules/univention/directory/reports/nl.po ? management/univention-management-console/data/nl.mo A + management/univention-management-console/data/nl.po ? management/univention-directory-manager-modules/modules/univention/admin/nl.mo A + management/univention-directory-manager-modules/modules/univention/admin/nl.po

svn status 3.1:

? .directory ? services/univention-pkgdb/umc/nl.mo A + services/univention-pkgdb/umc/nl.po ? services/univention-ad-connector/umc/python/adconnector/nl.mo A + services/univention-ad-connector/umc/python/adconnector/nl.po ? services/univention-ad-connector/umc/js/nl.mo A + services/univention-ad-connector/umc/js/nl.po ? packaging/ucslint/testframework/0008-override/src/nl.mo ? packaging/ucslint/testframework/0008-override/src/build/nl.mo A + packaging/ucslint/testframework/0008-override/src/build/nl.po A + packaging/ucslint/testframework/0008-override/src/nl.po ? packaging/univention-directory-manager-module-example/modules/univention/admin/handlers/test/nl.mo A + packaging/univention-directory-manager-module-example/modules/univention/admin/handlers/test/nl.po ? virtualization/univention-virtual-machine-manager-schema/modules/univention/admin/handlers/uvmm/nl.mo A + virtualization/univention-virtual-machine-manager-schema/modules/univention/admin/handlers/uvmm/nl.po ? virtualization/univention-virtual-machine-manager-daemon/umc/nl.mo ? virtualization/univention-virtual-machine-manager-daemon/umc/python/uvmm/nl.mo A + virtualization/univention-virtual-machine-manager-daemon/umc/python/uvmm/nl.po A + virtualization/univention-virtual-machine-manager-daemon/umc/nl.po ? virtualization/univention-virtual-machine-manager-daemon/umc/js/nl.mo A + virtualization/univention-virtual-machine-manager-daemon/umc/js/nl.po ? virtualization/univention-virtual-machine-manager-daemon/src/nl.mo A + virtualization/univention-virtual-machine-manager-daemon/src/nl.po ? management/univention-management-console-module-vnc/umc/nl.mo ? management/univention-management-console-module-vnc/umc/python/vnc/nl.mo A + management/univention-management-console-module-vnc/umc/python/vnc/nl.po A + management/univention-management-console-module-vnc/umc/nl.po ? management/univention-management-console-module-vnc/umc/js/nl.mo A + management/univention-management-console-module-vnc/umc/js/nl.po ? management/univention-management-console-module-ucr/umc/nl.mo ? management/univention-management-console-module-ucr/umc/python/ucr/nl.mo A + management/univention-management-console-module-ucr/umc/python/ucr/nl.po A + management/univention-management-console-module-ucr/umc/nl.po ? management/univention-management-console-module-ucr/umc/js/nl.mo A + management/univention-management-console-module-ucr/umc/js/nl.po ? management/univention-management-console-module-reboot/umc/nl.mo ? management/univention-management-console-module-reboot/umc/module/reboot/nl.mo A + management/univention-management-console-module-reboot/umc/module/reboot/nl.po A + management/univention-management-console-module-reboot/umc/nl.po ? management/univention-management-console-module-reboot/umc/js/nl.mo A + management/univention-management-console-module-reboot/umc/js/nl.po ? management/univention-management-console-frontend/umc/nl.mo A + management/univention-management-console-frontend/umc/nl.po ? management/univention-management-console-module-top/umc/nl.mo ? management/univention-management-console-module-top/umc/python/top/nl.mo A + management/univention-management-console-module-top/umc/python/top/nl.po A + management/univention-management-console-module-top/umc/nl.po ? management/univention-management-console-module-top/umc/js/nl.mo A + management/univention-management-console-module-top/umc/js/nl.po ? management/univention-management-console-module-lib/umc/js/nl.mo A + management/univention-management-console-module-lib/umc/js/nl.po ? management/univention-management-console-module-mrtg/umc/nl.mo A + management/univention-management-console-module-mrtg/umc/nl.po ? management/univention-management-console-module-mrtg/umc/js/nl.mo A + management/univention-management-console-module-mrtg/umc/js/nl.po ? management/univention-management-console/src/univention/management/console/nl.mo A + management/univention-management-console/src/univention/management/console/nl.po ? management/univention-system-info/umc/nl.mo ? management/univention-system-info/umc/python/sysinfo/nl.mo A + management/univention-system-info/umc/python/sysinfo/nl.po A + management/univention-system-info/umc/nl.po ? management/univention-system-info/umc/js/nl.mo A + management/univention-system-info/umc/js/nl.po ? management/univention-management-console-module-appcenter/apps/nl.mo A + management/univention-management-console-module-appcenter/apps/python/apps/nl.po A + management/univention-management-console-module-appcenter/apps/nl.po ? management/univention-management-console-module-appcenter/apps/js/nl.mo A + management/univention-management-console-module-appcenter/apps/js/nl.po ? management/univention-management-console-module-appcenter/umc/nl.mo ? management/univention-management-console-module-appcenter/umc/python/appcenter/nl.mo A + management/univention-management-console-module-appcenter/umc/python/appcenter/nl.po A + management/univention-management-console-module-appcenter/umc/nl.po ? management/univention-management-console-module-appcenter/umc/js/nl.mo A + management/univention-management-console-module-appcenter/umc/js/nl.po ? management/univention-management-console-module-services/umc/nl.mo ? management/univention-management-console-module-services/umc/python/services/nl.mo A + management/univention-management-console-module-services/umc/python/services/nl.po A + management/univention-management-console-module-services/umc/nl.po ? management/univention-management-console-module-services/umc/js/nl.mo A + management/univention-management-console-module-services/umc/js/nl.po ? management/univention-management-console-module-udm/umc/nl.mo ? management/univention-management-console-module-udm/umc/python/udm/nl.mo A + management/univention-management-console-module-udm/umc/python/udm/nl.po A + management/univention-management-console-module-udm/umc/nl.po ? management/univention-management-console-module-udm/umc/js/nl.mo A + management/univention-management-console-module-udm/umc/js/nl.po

Mastodon