Kopano Server - which UCS server role to choose?

Hello,

I tried to install Kopano in the App Center to one of my UCS servers. My Master and Backup AD-compatible UCS servers are in LAN, and the Kopano server must be in DMZ. Which server should I choose for the Kopano server:
a. Slave, or
b. Member

Thank you so much.

Hi @quybaohoang,

for performance reasons I’d always recommend to have a local ldap running for core (so a slave in this case), but the app should also be capable to be installed on a member system.

Hi @fbartels,

Thank you for your answer. I also have an other question regarding install Kopano Core/Webapp/Z-push in the App Center, UCS 4.3

When I clicked the install button, there is an dialog displaying something like it checking the server then show the internal server error dialog. I can install the app using the cli, but with the App Center, no luck.
Can you help me with that?

Thank you.

Hi @quybaohoang,

not quite sure if I can help with that, but i can only know for sure if you post some logs. I think this should be logged in the appcenter.log.

Hello,

I can install the kopano-* apps from the cli with
univention-app install

The Kopano-Webapp failed to load with following errors:

Not Found: PHP mapi extension not found
If you have upgraded Kopano Core, please restart Apache
Kopano WebApp can’t start because of incompatible configuration.
Please correct above errors, a good start is by checking your ‘/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini’ file.
You can disable this configuration check by editing the file ‘/usr/share/kopano-webapp/config.php’, but this is not recommended.

Hi @quybaohoang,

I was more looking forward to the internal server error you get when installing from the univention web ui. This problem however was recently already discussed here, have a look at Clean UCS4.3 and Kopano install: PHP mapi extension not found

Mastodon